Zombies in clusters and not spread out.

MORNINGSTAR

This depends on your game settings, you can change the spread and cluster rate in the advanced settings.
Also depends on your overall population, there wont be zombies spread around if there are not many zombies to go around.

55 minutes ago, Beard said:

This depends on your game settings, you can change the spread and cluster rate in the advanced settings.
Also depends on your overall population, there wont be zombies spread around if there are not many zombies to go around.

Thank you for the solution but I'm still curious for the reason behind it this didn't happen before like a month ago maybe two, I have been playing on default settings and it just suddenly decided to make the zombies all clumped up I was thinking maybe an update changed the cluster sizes or something?

There was no such update no. I assume you may just be noticing the zombies as such in clusters instead of the game specifically only creating groups and nothing else.
It may also just be forced by a mod, if you have any enabled.

It also matters on the location and activity - if there was a noise event in the area ( player or game generated ) zombies can appeared spread out temporarily as they get attracted to the noise, then start moving back.

Though over time they clump

In Advanced Zombie Settings in Server settings

There is

"Rally Group Sizes" - The amount of zombies per Clump

"Rally Group Distance" - How far zombies will travel to form groups 

"Rally Group Separation" - How far each group is from each other

"Rally Group Radius" -  How far each zombie in one group spreads out from each other.

General Rule of Thumb

Less Distance  \ Smaller Groups \ More Radius= more quantity of zombie spread out over a wider arear - harder to sneak

Larger Groups \ More Distance \ Less Radius  = More dangerous but more space between groups -  easier to sneak

Edited by ZombieHunter