Little Bait Fish (possible other cooked items)

Moose65

On 4/1/2023 at 3:49 AM, Yana M.D. said:

What day length settings are you playing with ? 

should be default, I didn't modify them at all in the sandbox. I should have mentioned earlier that I noticed this happening in multiplayer.

So I just tested it with no mods on, all sandbox settings default.

The fish looses its "better hot" bonus after 20 in game minutes. You have a little bit of time between taking it out of the oven and eating it, but that window is extremely short it seems.

Edit: Putting it back in the oven to reheat it seems impossible. After I took it out of the oven it almost immediately lost its hot bonus.

Edited by Moose65

I don't think it remains hot longer than for 10-20 mins in real life, this is not a bug :) but I see what you mean, the shorter the day length is the sooner it seems to lose the warm status. And even sooner if you speed up the game. You can warm food before consuming it. Putting food back in to any heating source will reset the timer. 

It makes sense that food isn't warm 20 mintues later, but if your taking out several items all at once, especially without dexterous, the window to eat them before they lose their hot bonus is very very small. I've actually seen them lose their bonus midway through eating them.

I guess in the case of the bait fish, if you don't want a penalty, you almost literally have to eat them directly from the heat source before doing anything else.