Random, Instant death?

EuphoriaToRegret

So, On my friends server, I've ran into a problem. I was deemed the carpentry guy, was given all the xp multiplier books, and sent to work in order to create the walls/safehouse. After a while of playing, normally about 4 or 5 hours, my character just dies. For absolutely no reason. No bites, not sick, not hungry, not shot, not overburdened, nothing. He/She will just be walking and then BAM; Im laying dead on the floor and the death music is playing. 

Only I have experienced this problem, none of my friends have... yet. 

Does anyone know what the hell might be happening as to where I'll take no damage and simply die? 

Nothing in my console, or the server console, says anything interesting regarding my death. 

This is, absolutely, infuriating to me. I would be fine if I was dying at my own negligence, but something like this?  :???:

This might be the reason. When you rejoin the server, you apparently can't see the Hungry moodlet.

Thats possible, but at the same time, It wouldn't have affected the last time I died. 

When I joined the server, I had a hungry moodlet. I ate 2 tomatoes and was fine. 

About 8 or so minutes later, while searching a house with my friend, I dropped dead. 

I'll keep a look out for that food moodlet the next time I join and see if that's the reason I'm actually dying. 

Did you eat first? I noticed in sp with a stack of tasty soups i prepped that the top one was rotten and the ones under it weren't.

All the tomatoes were stacked on each other, so it could be possible that some were rotten and the game wasnt displaying it? 

Even then, the problem still persists that my friends have all been eating the tomatoes, and they haven't died. I must have just been unlucky to receive the rotten tomatoes, or something else ridiculous is happening x.x

I just had the same problem on my buddys server. I ate fresh (chips till my hunger went away), refilled my water bottle and packed a shotgun with 20 shells because we were heading for a Mall where the courtyard was full of zombies. My buddy waited for me about 20 yards behind me while i went for the crowd. I fired 1 shot, dropped a couple of zombies and pressed reload while moving backwards, as soon as the reloading finished...BAM...character dead sound, the game hung up and once i rejoined, i got a new character.

He told me there there was no zombie in range, neither behind me or to my sides and the ones before me dropped in a wide area, so no zombies were in melee range. I always check my health status when leaving a safehouse, and i had no injuries or moddles running.

I just had the same problem on my buddys server. I ate fresh (chips till my hunger went away), refilled my water bottle and packed a shotgun with 20 shells because we were heading for a Mall where the courtyard was full of zombies. My buddy waited for me about 20 yards behind me while i went for the crowd. I fired 1 shot, dropped a couple of zombies and pressed reload while moving backwards, as soon as the reloading finished...BAM...character dead sound, the game hung up and once i rejoined, i got a new character.

He told me there there was no zombie in range, neither behind me or to my sides and the ones before me dropped in a wide area, so no zombies were in melee range. I always check my health status when leaving a safehouse, and i had no injuries or moddles running.

Very similar to one of the other instances I died in. 

I was running across a street, opened a window, jumped in the house, turned around to start shooting zombies with my 9mm, and I dropped dead.

x.x

It really is hard to know from just one instance. =)

You're right, indeed x.x

However, I'm sure if you asked a lot of people who had played multiplayer with their friends, for a long time, and were eating only vegetables they had grown, then maybe we'd see more results? I dunno. I haven't tried to play PZ multiplayer since one of my survivor buddies is off somewhere, but when he comes back, I'll make sure to shove tomatoes down his throat to find out.  :evil:

I seem to have the same problem, only just with the zombies! When I get hit once by a zombie I die! I've not had this problem untill my friend started hosting, and everytime I fight zombies and one of them seems to get a hold of me I die instantly! It's really frustrating as I can't fight zombies without the risk of instantly dying of them... I would highly appreciate a fix for this as it is kind of gamebreaking. It didn't happen before, the problem started today