Project Zomboid Editable Vanilla Map

Alree

Project Zomboid Vanilla Map exported to TMX

kentucky.jpg

based on Project Zomboid 41.78 (stable)
2841 cells exported
117 441 rooms

All cells are exported as is. Each tile is exported at proper floor, layer and position.

All buildings are exported Room by Room, each room has is own TBX file.
All TMX files are linked to TBX files
Kentucky_full.pzw = Full Map with all RoomDefs and Objects.
Layers Names are "by default" and can be changed as you want.
Objects are visible on WorldEd

This map is not provided by TIS, and result of a massive reverse engineering of .lotheader, .lotpack, tilespack, .bin files of Project Zomboid Game.

Now you can go on https://github.com/Unjammer/PZ_Vanilla_Map and download the entire reversed Vanilla map

A common question on mapping,

Are we able to edit Vanilla map ?

For a long time the only answer was "No". BUT since few months, I created an exporter to reverse the Vanilla map to an editable format.
Now you can load Project Zomboid Vanilla map in your Mapping tools and made the change you always dreamed of !

This exporter is not released yet, but offer possibility to edit old or borken map. And already give ability to some mappers to revive long lost project.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/24/2023 at 10:52 PM, Alree said:

Project Zomboid Vanilla Map exported to TMX

kentucky.jpg

based on Project Zomboid 41.78 (stable)
2841 cells exported
117 441 rooms

All cells are exported as is. Each tile is exported at proper floor, layer and position.

All buildings are exported Room by Room, each room has is own TBX file.
All TMX files are linked to TBX files
Kentucky_full.pzw = Full Map with all RoomDefs and Objects.
Layers Names are "by default" and can be changed as you want.
Objects are visible on WorldEd

This map is not provided by TIS, and result of a massive reverse engineering of .lotheader, .lotpack, tilespack, .bin files of Project Zomboid Game.

Now you can go on https://github.com/Unjammer/PZ_Vanilla_Map and download the entire reversed Vanilla map

A common question on mapping,

For a long time the only answer was "No". BUT since few months, I created an exporter to reverse the Vanilla map to an editable format.
Now you can load Project Zomboid Vanilla map in your Mapping tools and made the change you always dreamed of !

This exporter is not released yet, but offer possibility to edit old or borken map. And already give ability to some mappers to revive long lost project.

Hello @Alree

Thank you for your post! This has just made me really hopeful to finally redesign the vanilla map according to my wishes without installing annoying mods. I run a German server community and I promised and still do that I will never install mods.

Now my question to you oh GOD THE SOFTWARE CREATOR when will it be so far? When can we use your great programming?

Which additional mapping tool would you recommend?

Thanks for your answer.

A translation from deepl