Game crashed, now can't load the save back (SP)

Qyvalar

Question

Hi, sorry, new to this all, hopefully this is the right place. I'm at wits ends, I was playing PZ with mods in singleplayer, and suddently, my game crashed. Upon trying to load back in, I get stuck after the "this is how you died" screen, and even after leaving it loading for 10-15 minutes, it hangs there and goes nowhere. I'm trying to figure out the logs to see if anything's showing, but I don't understand what they're saying. Can I ask for some help so I don't lose the save, or at the very least, so this doesn't happen anymore in a new one if this one is unsalvageable?

Attached is the console log.

Thank you!

console.txt

2 answers to this question

There seem to be several "Customizable Containers" mod errors. I can only suggest you back up your save and try to remove the mod, perhaps try removing other mods to see if that helps.
If it does not, you may try deleting your character from your save in the case that it has gotten corrupted by the crash.

thank you for your help! Removing that mod did fix the log spam, though it did not solve my issue with the save. HOWEVER, upon making a new character and traveling to the zone where my prvious one was, I found the culprit for the save corruption: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2850098970

This mod, for some reason, every time I spend some time in the vehicle interior, will crash and corrupt that character.

So I guess at least I now know how to avoid it in the future, tho losing a save this way always kind of stinks...

Thank you so much!

Archived