The game can't be opened (crash on startup)

Verg

Question

I just bought the game yesterday. After I install the game, it always crashes when I tried to open it whether I use the normal launch option or the alternate launch option. I've tried to reinstall the game but it can't seem to fix the issue.

8 answers to this question

On 3/11/2023 at 5:36 PM, Verg said:

it finally can be opened, but I must open it with the 32 variant, what does it mean? will it changes the performance of my game? thank you

Means your system is not equipped to run the game in its latest state, unfortunately. But you should be able to play older version as specified by Beard :) (older versions are very well still playable, just without all the fancy animations and such)

Your PC is below the minimum requirements needed to run the latest version of the game, due to the lack of a dedicated graphics card mainly.
I can only recommend switching to the older "Legacy" game versions by going to your Steam Library > Right click Project Zomboid > Properties > Betas > Select the Legacy 40 or older versions.

16785423195716950238980600865004.thumb.jpg.2e92627ac47fcd48b818236a4c59ae09.jpg

28 minutes ago, Beard said:

Your PC is below the minimum requirements needed to run the latest version of the game, due to the lack of a dedicated graphics card mainly.
I can only recommend switching to the older "Legacy" game versions by going to your Steam Library > Right click Project Zomboid > Properties > Betas > Select the Legacy 40 or older versions.

I tried using the legacy 40 one and it worked, but not until the loading lua popped up on my screen and it crashes again :|

Archived