I would like some help with backups

FilipeGF

It's just that I was playing on a server with some friends and a friend accidentally threw a bomb in our house and killed everyone. I would like to know if there is a way for me to back up a server in a few minutes before a server. I've never backed it up before, I don't know if it works, but in its settings there's one about backups, so I wanted to know if there's a way I can get the server back a while before that happens

• 2 weeks later...

Typically if you are using a 3rd party host, you can save the PZSERVER folder which will save as

a file called like PZSERVER.tar.zip or something that will save the server. I use "Indifferent Broccoli"

server host, so I can't speak for this process on other server host websites.

I don't exactly know how to save the servers though if you're not using a 3rd party host, and

you're running your own server off your computer. I would imagine though it would be the 

same exact process: find the file folders on your computer and save the entire PZSERVER folder

and copy it elsewhere, label it and then you'll be good moving forward.

I BELIEVE depending on your server settings that there may also be back up saves. So you may

be able to find one of those and reinstall that as a new PZSERVER folder replacement and you

may be able to get your play-through back before the bomb incident.

Archived