"Timed out waiting for the server to respond" after loading map

Yume

Question

So I've been playing on the Project Realism server (IP: 135.148.150.87:16261), I've played the last few days or so without any problems at all but today I tried to log on with my existing character, it prompts me to select a spawn and create a character like I haven't been on before (there was no wipe and apparently that happens sometimes on servers, it should be able to load my character anyways), it loads the map way slower than it usually does (up to 5 minutes), only when it gets to detecting checksum shortly after receiving map data I get an error saying that the connection timed out and the only option I have is to exit to desktop.

I am able to connect fine to every other server I have tried, no lag, disconnects or errors.  I have made no changes to my PC or network connection since I last played, and I've already run through all basic troubleshoots like restarting everything, checking firewall/antivirus, reinstalling mods, etc.  There hasn't been any mods added to the server since as far as I know and I'm really at a loss here and I feel like I'm losing my mind after trying this all day and getting no support from the server's community.

I figured posting here SOMEBODY would know SOMETHING about this, since I get no luck in their Discord where I can't get anyone to reply to me.  Absolutely any information or answers would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer to this question

The character issues would need to be looked into by the admins of the server, since only they have access to the player database and usernames.
As for the connection issue, I can only recommend you play on an ethernet connection to minimize and packet loss or any other issues that may happen on a wifi.
I also recommend trying to use the "Use Steam Relay" option when connecting to the server, you can see it in the server browser on the bottom right side.

Archived