Idea about realistic functions

Matikim

I have been making road map for my mods currently but idk if dev of indiestone will actually like this idea.

I am trying to make a mod currently based on system of other mod called "Basement".

My planned mod is to make a funtion to hide under bed or hide inside fuel tank , or closet.

Once you will be hidden, you will be teleported to other side of map which has texture of certain place. 

And when zombie agro will be off you can fast run away from closet.

Using method of get player current position and make a instant memory for that, and bring it make.

If you woud like it i will proceed making this .

• 2 weeks later...

I think you should watch some videos on 'zombie pathing'. I believe once they have line-of-sight (LOS) on you they kind of actually track you through walls for a few seconds. And if you were to duck into a car, house, etc, they will wait outside pounding. 

While funny, I don't think this sounds like a mod that would be possible or at least more so: feasable. If the zombies see you and you hide in a closet, they will just pound and wait outside of the closet. If they see you and you run around a corner into a closet, they likely were already tracking you through the walls and will again wait outside and pound on the closet. If they did NOT see you, but you know they are coming and decide to hide in a closet, under a bed, etc, then it is kind of the same thing as already being in a small house where they can't see you. Making the point of the mod kind of pointless.

I could only see this mod being useful if you play with a lot of people and you can hide their to avoid damage/being-eaten basically, and wait for rescue. That could work.