Evil Bats Mod

vonVile

Tired of using that old Nailed Bat? Then Evil Bats is the mod for you!!!

With this mod you'll be able to turn that one note item into a multitude of weapons of death.

Recipes:

Barbed Wire Baseball Bat = Baseball Bat + Barbed Wire + Hammer

Razor Blade Baseball Bat = Baseball Bat + 12 Razors + Kitch3n Knife =

Tent Spiked Baseball Bat = Baseball Bat + Tent Peg + Hammer

FUBAR Jr. Baseball Bat = Baseball Bat + Nails / Tent Peg + Hammer

FUBAR Baseball Bat = Barbed Wire + 12 Razor + Hammer

Now if that wasn't enough, all used up bats in the vanilla game and Evil Bats mod can be recycled into a Stake Baseball Bat to stab those nasty zeds!!!

Recipe:

Stake Baseball Bat = All Bats + Kitten Knife

Still not enough for you?! What if I also toss in that after the Stake Baseball Bat becomes useless you can then turn it into a Wooden Stick you can use for something else!

Recipe:

Wooden Stick = Stake Baseball Bat + Kitch3n Knife

That's right! No item goes to waste in a vonVile brand Mod! :)

V2M-EvilBats10.zip

Nice to see you got it out. :D

Can't wait to break zombies with a bat and tent peg

.. in a vonVile brand Mod!

Haha I like this.

One thing that really helped checking for bugs was installing the Craft Helper Mod. It cut down finding bugs a lot. As we all know the item has a bug in the code if it's assigned image icon doesn't appear in the craft pop-up window. All I had to do with Craft Helper was find the recipe and if the image wasn't there I had to fix the code. There was no need to play the game to find all the items to see if it would work or not.

• 5 weeks later...

"You have reached your quota of five positive votes per day" Nooooo! I'll be back, Evil Bats!

Here's a good morsel of advice: When life gives you razor blades, you make a baseball bat, covered in razor blades.

My first thought when I saw the Razorblade Bat recipe! Stanley Tweedle is a badass.

Also, a bat wrapped in barbed wire? Lucille, is that you?

Seriously cool mod. Some of these should be in the vanilla game, IMO (I wanted to combine tent stakes with bats the minute I found one).

EDIT: Waitasec... Kitten Knife?!

I do have an update coming to fix the Stake Bat problem. What happened is that PZ programmers changed it so that used bats transfer their health onto the modified bat. That screwed up the Stake Bat. The only way to go around it is to add a step to turn the weapon into an item and them back into a weapon.