Help with server settings: Clutter removal

Peon

I used to play on a server that had every item dropped on the ground removed after 2 hours but when the item was PLACED by a player it would stay indefinitely.

We're trying to setup a multiplayer server of our own and I would really like to have this setting for clutter removal as it allows players to decorate but still clean up the world of unwanted loot.

Any idea how to achieve this result? Every info I found so far says that placed items will also disappear but I am 100% sure there is a way to avoid that. Thanks!

As far as I am aware, there are no such settings in the game that would allow to do that, as the current WorldItemRemoval setting targets both dropped and placed items. It is likely the server had some sort of mod installed, or perhaps a custom server modification that would allow for safehouses to be protected by the item removal, though I am not personally aware of any such mods.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found the solution, it's actually very simple: The world removal option does ignore items placed by players. If you place the item, it won't be removed. If you drop it, it will be.

This is what i did:

WorldItemRemovalList = "" (Empty as we toggle blacklist means everything)

HoursForWorldItemRemoval = 24.0, (I want items to be removed every 2 IRL hours and I use 2 hour days)

ItemRemovalListBlacklistToggle = true (Blacklist is now a whitelist)

With this setup, everything not placed by players will be removed every two hours.

Edited by Peon