Modded Map Database

Compmike19

Something I've been working on. Approximately 400 modded maps. Please let me know what you think. I wanted to make it where you could overlay all the Maps in Access but figured that would be too much work ><! The layered images will work for that. My Vanilla Map cells may not be exactly correct but should be pretty close. I did not do any Standalone Map Mods only ones that add to Vanilla. I'm sure there are errors in the Conflicts sections. I would like to add a description for each map as well, just takes time... I hope this will help modders locate their maps in more unused spaces. Shout out to CartoZed's creator, it's an awesome program!

All images were stored in C:\Users\Administrator\Pictures\2DView\ and C:\Users\Administrator\Pictures\Maps\ make sure you extract the pictures to these locations.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1saH2ETex7zO8wtWLm8VEdAwYb-lil3qQ

Access Database

• Map Selector on Top
  • Top Left Vanilla Map with Vanilla Towns and Modded Map Overlay, black cells unused on Vanilla.
  • Top Right Vanilla Map Outline and Modded Map location Overlay.
  • Center - Overlay color, cell locations.
  • Bottom Left CartoZed 2D Render of cells. If additional maps they are shown below as well, only a few mods.
  • Bottom Right - Conflicts - Modded Maps that also occupy the same cell location or a portion of it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Included Layered Picture with all maps, 100x100 pixels for cell positioning accuracy. PSPIMAGE & PDS files
  • Korean City goes past Cell 100 to 105 but I did not want to resize the Map to accommodate it's position...

spacer.png  spacer.png

• Excel Spreadsheet for Table loading if you want to change file locations, you would have to modify the non Overlay images picture property. Skip the Colored column and import the Active column as Yes/No instead of text.

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I appreciate what you've tried to do here.
But an access database over google drive is a somewhat confusing choice.
Since most common office licenses don't include access.
Also most people don't have photoshop. Luckily Paint.Net is free and a .psd opening plugin wasn't hard to find.
I think it would be fairly easy to set this up as a Github Pages site. Pretty much just displaying a drag & zoomable set of image layers with a checklist of layers on the side.

• 2 months later...