Vehicle camera positioning

KendL

Suggestions

1. Change Vehicle camera positioning. The center of the screen should be shifted forward in the direction of the vehicle.

2. Allow camera movement with RMB like in a normal person view. Currently it is only possible to "aim" the camera when the front window is open... which is illogical.

3. It would be better to introduce "Vehicle camera offset" option to let players configure how far the camera is moved when they enter a vehicle.

Rationale

1. In most cases a player does not really need to observe half of the screen behind the car. At the other hand the player needs to look forward and the further he can see the road - the better. It is not possible to "aim" the camera with RMB in a car when the front window is closed but it is possible to do so when you open that window. As the result I found myself in an illogical situation where I open a window to look further by aiming the camera and positioning it so that the car would be at the border of my screen. Because I don't need to know what is BEHIND my car when I move at 100mph speed. The only exception is a situation where I intentionally aim my camera backwards.

2. It is useful to be able to use "aim" camera. I don't really get why we can't use it with closed windows. It would be better to allow players to use this camera and look through the windows of the car exactly the same as they can do with open windows now.

3. In case someone does not like the offset - they can tune it.

20230202212420_1.jpg

20230202212427_1.jpg

PZ_vision_default.jpg

PZ_vision_suggested.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I realized that this option is already in the game. I noticed that the camera is twitchy however. Like when you move in a "diagonal" direction (SouthEast / SouthWest / NorthEast / NorthWest) the camera tends to move in a zig-zag while shifted towards your path.

Anyways I would recommend to make this option enabled by default so that users would have less problems.image.thumb.jpeg.842c25a89888af240bda989c43c91ee9.jpeg