Server Has Stopped During Launch(Normal Termination) issue and joining public server issue

Yuri2

Question

Hello, i tried to host a game and i can't  host  nor create any server (modded or unmodded), i can't join a game on another server too, each time i try to host a server , i've got the prompt "Server Has Stopped During Launch(Normal Termination)" and in the case of joining another server it's stuck on the loading screen forever.

Also this only started happening after i switched to my new pc which is way better than my old one.

i'll attach my logs below

thanks for the help!

console.txt

12 answers to this question

Thanks that one is correct. It seems like it just outright fails to even launch the server without any specific error.
Can you try creating a new default "servertest" setting? Do not change any settings and try hosting that one.
I also recommend allocating 2 - 4 GB instead as a test to see if the allocation might be an issue.

If it still crashes. Can you check if you have any coop-console.txt file in your Zomboid folder?

Hm yeah this is very unusual, the server just seems to fail without any error. It is possible that the issue might be due to the special character in your username, as certain game functions might have trouble with that.
In which case, try going to your Steam Library > Right click Project Zomboid > Properties > Set Launch Options > Type -cachedir=C:\Zomboid > Start the game and try hosting the server again.

okay so i put the -cachedir=C:\Zomboid in the launch options and tried hosting the server
i noticed that my settings got reset so i tried hosting the server and it seemed to work at first but then when it said "joining game" it kicked me out

also the coop console file got created this time i send all the logs below

coop-console.txt console.txt logs.zip console.txt

It looks like as if the connection just randomly failed, do you perhaps have any antivirus software installed? Some of them may block the game connections.
Additionally, try going to your Steam Library > Right click Project Zomboid > Properties > Set Launch Options > Type -novoip > Start the game
If that does not help, can you try typing -nosound instead? This is to check if it is a sound related issue.

In that case, I would likely recommend hosting a dedicated server instead of the coop one does not work, due to the lack of logs it is possible that you have a bug with the coop game specifically, some players are unable to start coop games and this issue is currently being investigated. The players do not have any issues starting dedicated servers though, which is what I would recommend in your case as well.

Here is a good guide on how to install a dedicated server for example:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2683719613

Hello its me again sorry i didnt respond earlier but i decided to switch back to windows 10 ( i was on windows 11) so i had to re download everything and now hosting the server works
i really thank you for your help tho <3

Archived