Clothes and Loot Automatically Left Behind After Corpse Rots Away

Nowthere27

In Project Zomboid if you don't dump the loot and clothing a corpse (zombie or regular dead human) has before the time they rot away, it'll rot away with them.

This makes it incredibly inconvenient to have to go to every corpse and dump the clothes and loot so you don't have to constantly check the body to see what it has on it.

The body disappearing but everything it had on it remaining is what should happen. It'd be so much more convenient for the player as well as being more realistic.

Yes it's annoying but the bodies rotting away is a feature made especially to increase performances, more corpses = less FPS and if you replace corpses with items it's gonna be way worse in terms of performance.

What you can do in sandbox mode is increase a lot the duration of corpses, so you have all the time you need to loot them before they disappear.

18 hours ago, duh7 said:

So dont dump them and take only stuff realy needed. U see on model if zombies have weapons on them and type of cloths. Zombies are not resource to farm searching items.

The thing is though I might change my mind about taking an item as opposed to just getting what I want right away.

It gets tiresome having the check the body again and again just to see what's on it. It also gets tiresome having to dump everything so it doesn't go away when the corpse goes away.

The corpses should just rot away and leave everything behind kind of like real life not to be morbid though.

21 hours ago, Axezombie said:

Yes it's annoying but the bodies rotting away is a feature made especially to increase performances, more corpses = less FPS and if you replace corpses with items it's gonna be way worse in terms of performance.

What you can do in sandbox mode is increase a lot the duration of corpses, so you have all the time you need to loot them before they disappear.

Corpses lying around means potential for fake dead zombies though and I already started my game before they implemented the feature to turn that off.

Would defeat the purpose of removing the corpses for performance reasons if they then spawned 5 - 10 3D items on the ground.

Either way, you shouldn't feel compelled to raid every zombie in the ground and collect their items. I mean you can play it that way if you want, but it's a sort of self-created tedium.

As is, it takes something like 2 weeks for them to be removed. You can probably create a new save with whatever settings you want then move the map_sand.bin to your existing save to disable it, however.

On 1/23/2023 at 8:05 PM, Bullet_Magnate said:

IRL, at least some of the items would end up being rotten or otherwise unserviceable anyway. 

Clothing (for example) that was in close contact with a corpse throughout the process of it rotting into sludge is probably not going to be salvageable.   

We dont negate that the problem is with hordes and milions of items on the ground after u clean up waves.
There are no servers that will not burn after that.
Even items on heads like glasses/hats can slow servers/computers if are not cleaned. 
I would put a stuff that we could do from bones in game but that is a gore stuff.