*Major issue* Black screen after creating character, while making a server or joining one. (No mods)

xmanghost3

On 1/15/2023 at 1:33 AM, Beard said:

Does it happen when joining any server? And are you able to load into Singleplayer?
Can you share your logs.zip file found in C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid?

It happens when joining any server or creating any, I am also able to play singleplayer just fine.

logs.zip

In the last 5 logs all the way to 2 days ago I can only see you trying to create your own server. Can you test joining a random public one and sharing the logs file again? Since we would need to compare you joining other servers with hosting your own.

4 hours ago, Beard said:

In the last 5 logs all the way to 2 days ago I can only see you trying to create your own server. Can you test joining a random public one and sharing the logs file again? Since we would need to compare you joining other servers with hosting your own.

I was able to join dedicated servers but not able to host or join servers hosted by other players.

logs.zip

It seems like based on the logs you only tried joining this one server: 98.148.99.232
Which seems to be down at the moment: https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/zomboid/17293984

What kind of error did you get when trying to join servers hosted by other players? This would be very important to figure out if the issue is on external servers or only with the server you are hosting.

15 hours ago, Beard said:

It seems like based on the logs you only tried joining this one server: 98.148.99.232
Which seems to be down at the moment: https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/zomboid/17293984

What kind of error did you get when trying to join servers hosted by other players? This would be very important to figure out if the issue is on external servers or only with the server you are hosting.

All I am getting is a black screen after the character creation menu no error code.

We would need the server logs of a connection to one of the servers, since the last one just showed that the connection was not even accepted as far as I can see. Meaning you never even got to the character screen. So we cannot see the error there.

I would recommend reinstalling your whole game though just in case there are any issues there.

First, uninstall the game, then go to "Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid" and make sure there are no leftover files or folders there.

After that, go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and delete everything there except the "Saves" folder.

Then just install the game again and see if that helps.

Try setting the game to Windowed Display mode in the game Options, since this should change how the display is handled it might fix the black screen issue if it would be a graphical problem, so I recommend trying that.

Well, as mentioned previously, we would need a connection log to one of the servers that you mentioned has the black screen issue as well. So far it seems like you only connected to non existing servers and to your own server. Some players have a bug that their own server will always have a black screen, which seems to be your issue as well, we do not have a fix for that specific issue. But the one where it affects all servers is one we have not come across, so we would need to see the game logs after you get the issue on other servers.

On 1/20/2023 at 1:18 AM, Beard said:

Well, as mentioned previously, we would need a connection log to one of the servers that you mentioned has the black screen issue as well. So far it seems like you only connected to non existing servers and to your own server. Some players have a bug that their own server will always have a black screen, which seems to be your issue as well, we do not have a fix for that specific issue. But the one where it affects all servers is one we have not come across, so we would need to see the game logs after you get the issue on other servers.

well thank you I'll give you my logs if anything new shows up with the black screen.