Are Theses Zeds Trying To Corner me ?

Salvag3

Is it just me or do the zombies seem to spread out as they advance at you when their is more that 1 or 2 if them, Not like they are Clipping on each other and the engine is forcing them to spread out. They seem to work like a pack of dogs and Spread out and try to encircle you or at the very least advance at you line abreast as to cut off your way of escape. 

This just seems odd as the Dev team says they want them to be "True Zombies" every zombie movie I have seen with theses "proper" Zombies they go directly for the prey. Even walking right over ledges, though fire, It never seems to matter what the danger is or how many of them there are always behave the same way. Its in fact what the humans rely on to get a upper hand on them. They are dumb they dont have anything going for them besides that they never tire and they seem to have endless numbers.

The suggestion here being that Zombies should walk in a straight line at the PC not make any attempt to encircle you.  

It's not hard to avoid them at all, just wondering about their AI, I guess I just feel like it should be really easy to avoid them unless they are in huge numbers. It just seems like in the lore they are based off unless the people are in a confined space or they are facing large numbers of zombies they are very easy to get around because they only come right at them.

We've got to balance our staunch zombie lore principles with fun gameplay. Zombies doing that is more fun, or rather them not doing that is massively less fun, and it doesn't BREAK the zombie lore so much as bend it slightly, and can be sufficiently explained away. Really people should be more concerned with the zombies pathfinding ability, which is much better than it perhaps should be, for similar gameplay reasons.

I think on the whole we still do zombies more 'properly' than a large percentage of zombie games.

That makes sense, and you guys are doing a great job. As a old gamer it is really cool to see a game that is focused so much on replay ability, fun and a close to real life world to play in. I don't think I have played a horror game since I was in grade school ( Doom ) that can make me jump from time to time.