Project Zomboid Inspired Limited Series Idea

Exphon

Hello everyone!

Recently, I've been thinking about the Romero movies and how much I miss classic zombie horror. It felt as though in those movies, a singular zombie felt pretty dangerous, whereas multiple was a death sentence to take on unless you had a firearm, enough people, or the right plan. Season 1 of The Walking Dead kind of felt like this, it was something special and I find myself revisiting it often. In the book World War Z, zombies truly felt like a force of nature, catching humanity off guard. The book also captured the mistakes made by governments and corporate America, covering up small incidents (as we see in PZ) and pushing the feeling of a false sense of security.

Now onto my question/daydream, what if there was a limited series show in the style/idea of Project Zomboid? A show that revolved around a Knox-like Event and the happenings that take place during that initial week. I have no idea what the show would be titled (not so sure about Project Zomboid lmfao), but something unassuming yet mysterious. It would still take place in the 90's, notably still in Kentucky or another rural location. It could follow one or multiple characters in the infected zone, or the event as a whole (documentary style). It could follow an episode by day format (Kind of like Chernobyl?), or a nonlinear method like the 1st season of True Detective.

The show would follow a lot of the same lore beats from the game, such as the zombies influencing the outside world and a rising sense of fear and panic. Bits of news broadcasts, interviews, and more would be sprinkled around for context and more. The classic walking corpse would serve as the main antagonist, as people have no idea how to handle this phenomenon let alone fathom it. Zombie fiction would not exist in this world (I don't think it exists in the game, I could be wrong). The exact cause of this would never be revealed, just like other forms of zombie media.

What do you guys think? I think my general idea/feeling of what this would be, is making the zombie scary again. It may be near-impossible since the desensitization brought on from The Walking Dead and other shows/movies, but I think it could be done with the right vision and method. Make the zombie this fearless, emotionless, and uncanny being that only seeks to eat and kill. I would love to hear your ideas and suggestions!

I also love movies and TV series about the zombie apocalypse.
But it doesn't seem to me the best idea for the developers of the PZ game to start shooting a movie or a TV series, spending time, effort, resources on it is not right for them. Let them do what they do well - the game!

5 hours ago, vek said:

I also love movies and TV series about the zombie apocalypse.
But it doesn't seem to me the best idea for the developers of the PZ game to start shooting a movie or a TV series, spending time, effort, resources on it is not right for them. Let them do what they do well - the game!

Oh I did not actually mean the devs themselves craft this show lol, this was just a general fantasy I've had recently about a well-developed zombie show. I apologize if I was not clear in my rambling above.

Archived