dont get you axe stuck

megaman204

Today while i was slashing my way through a couple of zombies with my trusty axe i remembered something my dad always says "you dont want to use a weapon that could get stuck in a zombies head"

so i figured i could suggest that idea here. it would add a great deal of realism and a bit more to think about when going into battle. it would really only affect bladed weapons though. here are some weapons that might get stuck

1.axe

2.butter knife

3.kitchen knife

4.forks/spoons (probably not though)

5.pen/pencil (probably not though)

6.scissors (probably not though)

7.screwdriver (probably not though)

and then to show you that your weapon is stuck it would show it sticking out of its head or chest or whatever. well thats all i have for this subject.

thanks for reading

P.S the title is supposed say "dont get your axe stuck"

not       "dont get you axe stuck"

kitchen knife and screwdriver and maybe scissors would probably not get stuck on account of the handles they usually have, with better grip for practical use. all the others would have a way better chance of getting stuck and your hand not being able to pull out in the smooth quick motion you would want. and axe on the other hand would more than likely sever a head right from a body and also is an item made to chop wood.. if you have ever chopped wood with a quality axe before you would know it is a tool made with the knowledge it will get stuck in the knots of wood you are chopping on occasion and therefore is made easy to pull out with one motion, sometimes requiring your foot place on your chopping block to pull the axe out (placed on the zombies chest while pulling it out of the skull)

I think it's a cool idea to have weapons have low chance mishaps but it would have to be a very low chance because if it was often then you would be left undefended if you were a scavenger who is always only carrying 1 weapon so that more can be scavenged per trip.

just thoughts, would like to hear what you think on my thoughts.

p.s. lets continue this talk with ideas about blunt weapons and what we can come up with on those :)

kitchen knife and screwdriver and maybe scissors would probably not get stuck on account of the handles they usually have, with better grip for practical use. all the others would have a way better chance of getting stuck and your hand not being able to pull out in the smooth quick motion you would want. and axe on the other hand would more than likely sever a head right from a body and also is an item made to chop wood.. if you have ever chopped wood with a quality axe before you would know it is a tool made with the knowledge it will get stuck in the knots of wood you are chopping on occasion and therefore is made easy to pull out with one motion, sometimes requiring your foot place on your chopping block to pull the axe out (placed on the zombies chest while pulling it out of the skull)

I think it's a cool idea to have weapons have low chance mishaps but it would have to be a very low chance because if it was often then you would be left undefended if you were a scavenger who is always only carrying 1 weapon so that more can be scavenged per trip.

just thoughts, would like to hear what you think on my thoughts.

p.s. lets continue this talk with ideas about blunt weapons and what we can come up with on those :)

ya it would be great to come up with some ideas with blunt weapons with you! thanks for the ideas on the axe too because i have only used an axe once or twice in my life.

Well baseball bat with nails in it has the potential to get stuck in a skull!

I think it would be pretty scary if you're weapon got stuck though! Maybe even a little irritating because it would be unpredictable?

It could scale with level I guess so a LVL1 Blade has more chance of getting stuck than LVL5 but yeah...I dunno...I like the tension it adds but I can't help but feel I would die in a cheap way (unprotected and alone with only a spiffo doll and some sheets) if this happened.... (if you could quick-swap weapons a bit easier then maybe it could work too?)

I am a camping fanatic and also been working in construction since I was 16 so I have a feel for a lot of tools they use in this game for weapons. things like a crowbar would be a little on the awkward side to pull from a skull if you got it stuck in there! lol

assuming you would be holding it length wise, if you got the curve end stuck in a head the weight of the body dropping would more than likely pull it out of you one hand and you would have to stand above the head to be able to pull it out easiest.. but if you used the blunt end of the curve you probably wouldn't run into problms.

nailed planks could also be a rough weapon to use, depending on the type of wood and length hitting something with a wooden plank can be brutal on your hands and joint because of the vibration.. so if you hit something and some of the nails got stuck in the head or body of a zombie it would be enough with the vibration to drop the plank.

I have never used a pool cue in the game yet as a weapon but those things break very easily just like in movies haha

unlike the plan though a bat is made to be able to wrap one hand all the way around the weapon though, so you would have 2 good grips on it and would more than likely be able to pull the bat out.

maybe the dev's could make it so if your weapon does get stuck you press swing once more and it is pulled out.. adding risk and danger to the game but not enough that you would constantly die from it. :)