Using a VPN client?

koalasthegreat

Hey guys, I've been having trouble with making a private server for me and a couple friends.

I've been using a program called Comodo Unite, it's a VPN program that you can use as an alternative to port forwarding for servers, similar to Hamachi if you've heard about it. It's worked well for practically every other game that I've tried using a dedicated server running on my PC. I ran the server on my PC and connected using my IP address on Comodo and the port 16261, and it worked fine (probably as the server was running on the same computer). When my friend tried to connect, nothing. My friend tried to connect multiple times, using the ports 16261, 16262, and 16263, no dice.

Have any of you used a program like this to host a server, and can anyone suggest something to try?

Hey guys, I've been having trouble with making a private server for me and a couple friends.

I've been using a program called Comodo Unite, it's a VPN program that you can use as an alternative to port forwarding for servers, similar to Hamachi if you've heard about it. It's worked well for practically every other game that I've tried using a dedicated server running on my PC. I ran the server on my PC and connected using my IP address on Comodo and the port 16261, and it worked fine (probably as the server was running on the same computer). When my friend tried to connect, nothing. My friend tried to connect multiple times, using the ports 16261, 16262, and 16263, no dice.

Have any of you used a program like this to host a server, and can anyone suggest something to try?

First, he has to connect to 16261 - the ports after that (16262+) are for each user to get their map data streamed to them. We've certainly had reports of people running via Hamachi fine. It'd be worth getting a port-testing utility, and checking that it works. Also, firewalls! Check your and his firewall isn't blocking the port.

He's using that port, and there's no block from either of our firewalls. Another noteworthy thing, the server console shows that I'm connecting when I connect to the game, and nothing comes up when he attempts to. And what do you mean by a port testing utility, like a program for testing open and closed ports?

He's using that port, and there's no block from either of our firewalls. Another noteworthy thing, the server console shows that I'm connecting when I connect to the game, and nothing comes up when he attempts to. And what do you mean by a port testing utility, like a program for testing open and closed ports?

Yes, you should be able to find a program for checking open ports. I'm sorry, I don't know of one off the top of my head for windows. As you're running on Hamachi, you'll need to get a program, you can't use a website