. . . 27 more

Rabiddmongoose

When attempting to connect to a friend's server, I enter the ip and all associated information, click "add" and then click "join server" My game seems to get stuck on the server list with "connecting" down at the bottom. I have waited for a couple hours with no result.

All Graphics Drivers, C++ downloads, java versions and game updates/ reinstall have been performed and are up to date.

After attempting to connect to the server, the console spits out this string:

post-9041-0-88146300-1393658816_thumb.pn

Once again, a fresh reinstall of the game did not help.

Thanks for your consideration!

Edit: Probably important to note that I am running Windows 7 64 bit

Looks like you don't type the port correctly, let it by default (hit the button erase), don't use capital letter in your user name for now, hit the "save" button and try to connect again  :)

I followed your advice, and the same thing is happening.

However, when I enter the server ip and then leave the default port number, the console reads:

return code: 0

ID_CONNECTION_ATTEMPT_FAILED

the ... 27 more is no longer displayed, but I am still unable to connect to the server. Not sure if this has now turned into a server host issue, or something wrong on my end.

Once again, thanks for the help!

Looks like you don't type the port correctly, let it by default (hit the button erase), don't use capital letter in your user name for now, hit the "save" button and try to connect again  :)

I followed your advice, and the same thing is happening.

However, when I enter the server ip and then leave the default port number, the console reads:

ID_CONNECTION_ATTEMPT_FAILED

the ... 27 more is no longer displayed, but I am still unable to connect to the server. Not sure if this has now turned into a server host issue, or something wrong on my end.

Once again, thanks for the help!

Are you trying to connect to a server you are hosting or a friend? Maybe another? If it's an external server, it might be down for the time being. You might be getting the address wrong, firewalls might be causing connection problems etc.

My friend is hosting the server... I have tried to connect to a public server, and the console only spits out:

and stays there for a long while. Although with my friend's server, it still comes up with the ID CONNECTION ATTEMPT FAILED error.

Triple checked the address and firewall situation.

The 16261 is UDP, the others (16262) have to be TCP :)

The 16262+ need to be TCP & UDP

Oh damn, so 16261 only UDP? but the others UDP + TCP... Need to write this somewhere.. :P

Yeah. I worked that one out the hard way, getting the testing server properly firewalled ;)