Longest you've ever survived?

Why does every first-timer here last for a month. I survived something like 6 hours. :D

Because I play very, very cautiously by nature. And I'm the kind of person who never forgets to turn off a stove. :P

It's probably telling that 29 days in I still hadn't found a saw or trowel. I hadn't gone very far afield.

In my current game, I'm 4 months, 10 days, and 6 hours. I AM using a food canning mod. I highly reccomend that mod, its a really nicely done addition that enables conversion of produce to nonperishables. However, I have like 6 bags of vanilla nonperishable food stockpiled.

Anyhoo, I'm up to 3265 zeds killed. This began as my attempt at doing a peaceful game where I killed minimal zombies. However, I was bitten, and survived, and then scratched, and survived, so I'm not messing around anymore. I'm turning muldraugh into a frigging park.

Edit: Fell off a roof while making mudraugh into a friggin' park.

Ded.

At the moment I am at 3 months but i really can't see how i could die at this point. I literally cleared all the zombies within 3 blocks of my house, built a huge farm, and a wall around my garden. So safe at the moment that i just sleep outside with my wall doors open. Potatoes are so overpowered that i haven't even needed to touch my can food stashed.

So pretty much my plans for the future is to just hit the max speed button and farm to see if you can die of old age lol. I've only killed about 300 zombies so there is sitll a ton out there but they don't move form their general area at the moment so it's more like "last man on earth".

Just died at my record 19 days, and few hours. Alarm from the church house attracted a horde, and couldn't get out...

Ouch. 

I've never died to an alarm. When the alarm goes off, I return home by the fastest available method. I also wait to clear buildings adjacent to the safehouse until the larger neighborhood is clear as I do not want horde activity that close.

Edit: Fell off a roof while making mudraugh into a friggin' park.

Ded.

I cackled out loud at that, lol.

First time I lasted 7 hours and then I just gave myself to the zombies because I was so stressed out.

Longest I've survived is almost 2 days. I mean I haven't died I'm just too anxious to continue playing, lol.

I think the lognest i survived was 11 months and something of days.

I didnt die, i just kinda got bored with it since i was having a good set up. I realized something, i dont play SP that much because i am afraid that i might burn my self out of PZ before the NPCs come into play.

Same with Rust...and Neo Scavanger...Starbound...

Think i might do another run with the Ringo map mod with a character that has only negative traits, to see how i do.

I'm about 2 months in and its my fifth character.

I got really lucky and my first character survived 1 full month before succumbing to a late night Zeke bite. 

Then my next two character continued her legacy in Muldraugh but both died after a few days.

Character 4 started in WP with a record low of 1 day and yeah, now my current character Karen Miller is doing ok, 2 months in. She couldn't grow strawberries so she's moved on to carpentry and eating old cans of beans.

She loves long walks on the WP river, with Spiffo and nailed baseball bats. 

Hi there, first time poster.

Welcome to the forums! :)

Why does every first-timer here last for a month. I survived something like 6 hours. :D

I just got lucky

(although I like to think that years of reading Brooks' cover to cover to cover has given me the skills needed for such a game (fedora) )

[oh yeah buddy that's why your survivor number four lived for 1 day]