Longest you've ever survived?

I bet this has already been asked but how long have you survived? My first try at playing the game EVER:  

XavDflP.jpg

This is my current game (along with my safehouse)

E4b7TUm.jpg

17 boxes of shotgun shells  :D

OvObxQL.jpgALGxxkF.jpg

So my records 3 months, 13 days and 9 hours. What's your's?

I'm not sure what the record is, as unexpected death usually results in rage quit. I'm many months in, regardless.

Thats quite a base for three months.

You are building it in the same spot im building mine :/

I took this screenshot a little while ago -

post-6488-0-72992600-1393299213_thumb.jp

That was during my expedition to West Point to get more nails; in that picture I'm at the trailer park between the two towns (also another good place to get nails!).  Since then I've added I think another month or two of survival and I'm up to just over 5k zombie kills.  Now I'm back at my safehouse/fortress to finish it off and I don't really 'need' to leave for anything so at this point I think I could survive indefinitely.  I've killed every zombie I could find in greater Muldraugh and the Dixie trailer park so without magically appearing zombies there isn't a horde anywhere near me.

That was during my expedition to West Point to get more nails; in that picture I'm at the trailer park between the two towns (also another good place to get nails!).  Since then I've added I think another month or two of survival and I'm up to just over 5k zombie kills.  Now I'm back at my safehouse/fortress to finish it off and I don't really 'need' to leave for anything so at this point I think I could survive indefinitely.  I've killed every zombie I could find in greater Muldraugh and the Dixie trailer park so without magically appearing zombies there isn't a horde anywhere near me.

Once they up zombie spawning and add migrating hordes it will probably be a lot harder to survive as you are now ;)

Once they up zombie spawning and add migrating hordes it will probably be a lot harder to survive as you are now ;)

Mmmm, possibly.  It would depend on whether they put in 'magic' spawning zombies (that just appear in the middle of cleared areas) or if the spawned zombies actually migrate in from some unexplored zone.  If it's magic zombies, then yeah, who can defend against that?  If however they migrate in 'rationally' then my main fortress is surrounded by a thick forest so it will have the tendency to break up any incoming hordes.  Beyond that I have a gargantuan supply of shotgun shells/9mm rounds as well as numerous melee weapons so I can probably weather quite a few hordes.

Not to mention, currently all of Muldraugh (including McCoy, the rail yard, and that remote set of warehouses) are effectively zombie free, as well as the Dixie trailer park and the road leading all the way to the edge of West Point.  My safehouse is the farm just outside of Muldraugh (without the well) which means I've killed every zombie I've been able to find within a full day's running distance from my fortress.  So, again, without magic zombies I'm not sure where a horde would come from to threaten me in the first place ;)

Survival is too easy at the moment.  Not enough zombies.     I usually quit around the 2-3 month mark and lately have quit after a month.

Next time I play i'll look at bumping the zombie levels.

Survival is as simple as hiding somewhere remote.  You can survive nearly indefinitely that way.

However in most cases I think it very unlikely that you would be unable to find danger after only 2-3 months.  Again, you could surely clear a small area and stay in that area if you like - but if you decide instead to venture out you'll find plenty of zombies.  I just can't see killing 10,000 zombies in 2-3 months so that means if you can't find 'enough' zombies you just aren't going to where the zombies are.

1 month 4 days. First time I got to build stuff too. I was on the normal map, can't remember the name (Murlaugh?) spawned in one of the suburbs, 1 zombie per 4 houses so really quiet. I took the medical centre because it has a kitched on the top floor, boarded the bottom floor, made a sheet rope. Then started to wall off and farm, I had everything I needed, had only one half of the wall done but it was so quiet that wasn't a problem. Then one morning I leave the house, get stuck in the window, glitch in the wall and die. I gasped. On a sidenote compared when I play West point it's always supercrowded EVERYWHERE, when i play the vanilla map it's super quiet.

2 years, 7 days, 12 hours. Died from a cold

I would've broken my keyboard for sure lol./

Mmmm, possibly.  It would depend on whether they put in 'magic' spawning zombies (that just appear in the middle of cleared areas) or if the spawned zombies actually migrate in from some unexplored zone.  If it's magic zombies, then yeah, who can defend against that?  If however they migrate in 'rationally' then my main fortress is surrounded by a thick forest so it will have the tendency to break up any incoming hordes.  Beyond that I have a gargantuan supply of shotgun shells/9mm rounds as well as numerous melee weapons so I can probably weather quite a few hordes.

Not to mention, currently all of Muldraugh (including McCoy, the rail yard, and that remote set of warehouses) are effectively zombie free, as well as the Dixie trailer park and the road leading all the way to the edge of West Point.  My safehouse is the farm just outside of Muldraugh (without the well) which means I've killed every zombie I've been able to find within a full day's running distance from my fortress.  So, again, without magic zombies I'm not sure where a horde would come from to threaten me in the first place ;)

Magic zombies, I won't endorse. But all it takes is one bite from a surprise crawler, and you're dead! Good luck surviving, friend.

On 3/3/2014 at 6:23 PM, speckle77 said:

On 3/3/2014 at 2:13 PM, Red Storm 58 said:

2 years, 7 days, 12 hours. Died from a cold

Brutal!!

Wouldn't expect anything less.

Edited by Red Storm 58

Survival is too easy at the moment.  Not enough zombies.     I usually quit around the 2-3 month mark and lately have quit after a month.

Next time I play i'll look at bumping the zombie levels.

Survival is as simple as hiding somewhere remote.  You can survive nearly indefinitely that way.

However in most cases I think it very unlikely that you would be unable to find danger after only 2-3 months.  Again, you could surely clear a small area and stay in that area if you like - but if you decide instead to venture out you'll find plenty of zombies.  I just can't see killing 10,000 zombies in 2-3 months so that means if you can't find 'enough' zombies you just aren't going to where the zombies are.

Ive set up downtown in West Point for three or four games now and slowly cleared out wider areas.    There just isn't enough challenge compared to some of the earlier versions.   That will likely change when migration comes back.   Plus NPCs might create some risky drama.

There is no question that the challenge varies by version.   There have been some tough ones.

I bet this has already been asked but how long have you survived? My first try at playing the game EVER:  

XavDflP.jpg

This is my current game (along with my safehouse)

E4b7TUm.jpg

17 boxes of shotgun shells  :D

OvObxQL.jpgALGxxkF.jpg

So my records 3 months, 13 days and 9 hours. What's your's?

Holy Cow! That's incredible!

The longest I have ever survived is about 1 month.

Hi there, first time poster.

Haven't been playing for long (but loving the direction these guys are going).

Record: 30 days and a handful of hours.

Second playthrough, default zombie and character options. Moved into a nice flat in the suburbs with a pretty picket fence. Quiet neighbors, nice neighborhood. Not much loot though.

Heading further and further afield, only managed to acquire a hammer and an axe as far as important tools goes.

Day 29, jimmying open the window to a shed hoping to find the mythical saw or trowel. Bitten while jimmying. Jimmies rustled.

The kicker? The zed was inside the shed on the floor and bit me through the wall.

Got back to the safehouse, grabbed all the ammo I had and a couple jugs of bleach, and headed for the center of town...