Tooth Brushing Mod

daorkboypl

I totally see your point! ;) I just think that it would make it.. I don't know.. Pointless? I mean, think about it. I'm just a little bit afraid of adding too many features to the game, as it would become distracting. Then you'll have to think about brushing your teeth every day, or else you'll get sick or something. Instead of being a great feature, I think it would make it more of a pain in the ass, if you know what I mean? :) But.. As a mod, it's fine.. But still (IN MY OPINION) non-useful :)

I always feel at least -20 Unhappy after brushing my teeth !

It's a MOD, so it almost goes without saying - that keeping up with oral hygiene would be something the player believes is essential.

My only concern would be running OUT of toothpaste. o.O

Perhaps one could craft it from loot ? Sheesh, now it's getting complicated.

... (sigh) seemed so much easier to keep my teeth white before the apocalypse.

What about showering or batheing... Brushing teeth is a good idea, perhaps a little specific, but batheing on the other hand, could be tied in some way with avoiding infection. 

Perhaps an unhygenic player has a greater chance of infection when bitten? 

(this is a long shot) Perhaps if scratched or light damage from zombies, batheing/showering/washing could be a method to reduce/avoid/remove infection chance?

• 3 weeks later...

When NPC's become a more larger part of the game, things like hygiene will probably become a larger part of the game as well. There will also be ways to barter and trade with NPC's or to get services from them with the items in the game that as of now we see useless. Things like razors, toothpaste, toothbrush, wedding bands, and the such may have future purpose in being ways to create a relationship with an NPC character weather it be a partnership or mutual agreement like starting a community. These objects could also be used as some type of "Currency" being as we may view them as useless being the human player. But in a real life apocalypse situation things like toothpaste and soap would be a commodity over time, therefor making them more valuable to an NPC character. 

• 1 month later...

Just don't "morph" PZ to "The Sims"....
I agree with you, but this must be somenthing you can do or not, not "you HAVE to do it".

better to merge PZ with many of "ultima Online" features... I think PZ is quite ready to do it.