[MOD SUPPORT 32.17+] The Walking Dead Prison v3.3 (TV Show)

LeoIvanov

That's really cool, does anyone have a server up with this new version?

Edit: Just played some singleplayer with it and its awesome. This really needs a server with this addon and some teamwork to fortify.

• 2 weeks later...

I played with TWD prison v3.3 in single. Some time later start a new sinlge and Prison not part of the game (empty field on TWDP place) ,but its activated and was activated when i start it.I can see it in mods list and have all files in users/zomboid/mods...any advise to solve it?

I played with TWD prison v3.3 in single. Some time later start a new sinlge and Prison not part of the game (empty field on TWDP place) ,but its activated and was activated when i start it.I can see it in mods list and have all files in users/zomboid/mods...any advise to solve it?

Haven't ran into this kind of problem before. Maybe reinstalling/re-enabling the mod in the mod menu can fix it?

do i have to start a new game to play with this?

If you haven't visited the area that the prison is located at before installing/enabling this map, I don't think so.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello i have a problem with the mod. I've activated it as mod on my nitrado linux server but its not showing up on the Map. There is just the standart forrest area from muldraugh.

When i replace the muldraugh files in the maps folder with the prison files (32_31.lotheader ect..), it is on the map but its raining inside the buildings.

I've been trying to fix that for 2 Days already. So please, someone have an idea or can provide me some support?

I will try and upload the .tbx files and other necessary ones (Cell for worldEd with all the zones and zombie spawn map) as soon as I'm capable, since I can't really work on prison anymore due to looking for a job. I have no idea why it would let rain get inside the prison, as in all of the previous versions of the game, or the mod, it never did.

Hopefully someone knowledgeable in this area manages to figure out a fix until I'm back, or you would have to wait for me to return and dig in the files myself :/

If anyone's worrying about changing the files to make specific fixes or tweaks for their servers, I give you the full permission to go ahead and do anything you want with it, as long as you don't claim that you made the full map all by yourself :P

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/11uf4vg829ckdjy/Prison%20raw.rar?dl=0

Here is the raw version of the prison (I hope I didn't forget any files that are necessary for tweaking). You are welcome to tweak around the prison by yourself and check the process that I've been going through while creating it, along with searching for any interesting -easter eggs- that would otherwise be hidden from the normal people (Anybody remembers discovering a ton of invisible ovens? Well, guess how so many zombies spawn in the prison..)

Any servers that are using my map on them (like Redboid) are welcome to add, substract, change or fix (yes please) anything that the administration deems necessary. Go crazy with it :)

Hey dude, thanks for the link. I'll have a look at it. Had great fun playing with it on the Redboid server.

2 issues that we encountered:

1) The rain as reported, though we just built wooden floors to run under when necessary.

2) Someone built stairs in the main warehouse area, northern side, and once they went up them they were completely trapped and couldn't move at the top tile, as if there were invisible objects (ovens?) there. Had to drop a sheet rope down from a hole in the roof to save them.

Would be great if we could the first issue fixed and have it put on the workshop, as I think you would start seeing it on more servers then which would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

It's amazing in local game, but for some reason I can't get this mod to work on my server.

It shows the original empty wooded area, with only the shadows of the first watchtower and 4 generators. And... that's it.

Is this a bug?

See screenshot:

bhF7Hbx.png

I read the readme file carefully, and did everything it said.

Is there anything else I should do to make this map work on my server?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

It's amazing in local game, but for some reason I can't get this mod to work on my server.

It shows the original empty wooded area, with only the shadows of the first watchtower and 4 generators. And... that's it.

Is this a bug?

See screenshot:

bhF7Hbx.png

I read the readme file carefully, and did everything it said.

Is there anything else I should do to make this map work on my server?

Thanks!

Strange. 

Did you start the new game after installing the map, or have you already ran the game prior to installing it? Project Zomboid seems to act weird in saved games when there are updates to the maps, such as an entirely new prison in an area you've already visited before. I can advice trying to fully restart the server (With making backups, of course) and see if it fixes the issue.

Nope, still the same even after recreating the server. :/

That's too bad...

Is the mod installed in the server's mod folder, appearing as an allowed/necessary mod for all the users in the server's settings? (I remember there was a way to list specific mods in config file/files)

So I have got into the prison.

What is the best way of clearing the zombies out?

If I kill them they'll just respawn right? How do I 'claim' the prison?

Zombies don't (Should not) respawn inside the prison as soon as you kill them all off. More of them could come from the forest as time passes. It's up to you to set up defenses and defend it. It has two vulnerable spots from which zombies can breach through - burnt off southern block, and the main gate. 

Best way of cleaning them all out is finding some weapons on the guard towers and go all out, considering that you're quite far from Muldraugh. All of the shots that you're going to make are only going to attract the zombies local to prison's area.

Hey, thanks so much for digging into this.

Yes, the mod is in the "mods" folder in C:\Users\MyName\Zomboid\mods

And I added the mod's name "TWDPrison" in the "Mods=" section of the server's ini file.

When I launch the server, it says "Loading TWDPrison".

I must have missed something...

Hey, thanks so much for digging into this.

Yes, the mod is in the "mods" folder in C:\Users\MyName\Zomboid\mods

And I added the mod's name "TWDPrison" in the "Mods=" section of the server's ini file.

When I launch the server, it says "Loading TWDPrison".

I must have missed something...

Does it do that forever? I honestly have no idea what the problem is at that point. You seem to be inputting the correct name (The ID from mod.info) 

What has changed in 1.3?

I have 1.2 and I am a couple of days into a new game...

Wondering if I should update to 1.3 and if that'll mess anything up.

Hey Ronin. The "1.2" version of the Prison is made (read - remastered/overhauled) by an entirely different forum member. Mine can be considered... "Classic"? Mine is a lot smaller than Sly's, but it has almost a year of headstart, along with design choices and bug fixes done based on feedback. Sly's map, as with any new projects, probably has a number of bugs and rarer zombies, but the area is much bigger, more detailed and generally more open. I'm sure his project will only improve over time, while mine's been hanging on stalemate for a while with no new content, so it's up to you which map you choose to play on :P I'll make sure to include a link to his topic in the OP, though.

What has changed in 1.3?

I have 1.2 and I am a couple of days into a new game...

Wondering if I should update to 1.3 and if that'll mess anything up.

The 1.3 version added some lockers to a couple of the guard towers that spawn guns. I also changed the top of the guard towers to look better. There were also some room fixes (Rained in them) Also I would highly recommend not getting to invested in a save as when a new version comes out you will have to redownload and make a new save. Oncw the final version is out the tiltle will be [Completed] or [Final]

• 2 weeks later...

Leo are you going to get your version on the steam workshop? I actually prefer the smaller version, seems more polished and complete right now.

Not sure if I'm going to post it on workshop at all. Before the new, overhauled version of the prison was posted by Sly, I was planning on making a big update and push it out on workshop, but my plans kind of changed ever since. I don't really want to compete with any other creator with the similar maps, plus his work deserves a lot more spotlight.

I'd likely end up just helping him solve any remaining issues he has with his map and abandon my own project. There is no sensible reason to have two different versions of the prisons out in public.