[MOD SUPPORT 32.17+] The Walking Dead Prison v3.3 (TV Show)

LeoIvanov

D'aaw, I was hoping to do this as my first project!

What about Woodbury? seems simple and fun to recreate. I would defiantly do it but ill stick doing small buildings that would increase ringoD map for now.....

Vlcsnap-2012-10-29-09h16m37s30.png

That was a back up plan, but I think I'll go for Hershel's farm. Seems simple, and Woodbury is something me and some friends were planning to build in-game.

How is the work going?? 

Took a break due to recent events (birthdays, my twd movie edition project, laziness, no more room in hell) 

Will get back to finishing it after I get done with my project :P It's currently eating up a lot of my time, and when I'm done for the day, I just want to cool off for the rest of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Even though I've said that I've discontinued the work on this, today I've had a sudden urge to finish this map and... I've managed to fill up the rest, blank spaces that I had trouble with. So, there we go. The prison map is finished.

The whole prison misses only a couple of places that appear in the TV show, but in any other case - it looks pretty much identical. If you take a stroll around prison's interior you'll remember a lot of canon places from the TV show. Enjoy!

Kg66jBX.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajf22346ytzstv4/TWD_Prison.tbx

If anybody wants to test the map in "last stand", here's the download link :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrgs5e7f80fyenn/laststandprisontest.rar?dl=0

To play it, replace the original .lot files in all the folders with the ones from .rar, inside this path : "Project Zomboid/media/maps/challengemaps".

Tell me if you find any bugs/etc :P

thanks man, I fired it up and im very impressed, good work. It could be bigger but for the fact that's theres finally a map of it, it pretty much over rules everything else, besides some of the gated doors being walk-though able its allright. As soon as I got into the game I was like oh fuck yea, pretty much same response I think anyone will have. Now I can get this game as a standalone map, on sandbox right? Will that screw anything up or am I better off just leaving this to the challenge maps for now

thanks man, I fired it up and im very impressed, good work. It could be bigger but for the fact that's theres finally a map of it, it pretty much over rules everything else, besides some of the gated doors being walk-though able its allright. As soon as I got into the game I was like oh fuck yea, pretty much same response I think anyone will have. Now I can get this game as a standalone map, on sandbox right? Will that screw anything up or am I better off just leaving this to the challenge maps for now

Yeah, I think you are better off waiting for RingoD's version 3 of his Bedford Falls if you want to play it on sandbox/survival.

The gated doors being walkthrough-able is a bug with the original sprites themselves, as if you encounter the same doors facing the same direction (you'll find one of those in police station in west point) you'll be able to walk through them aswell. I reckon as soon as Indie Stone fixes the issue with those particular doors being "transparent", the bug will resolve itself :P

There is lots of bugs :

- We can go through the metal barrel doors.

- Zombies can pass over the walls

- Character fall down where he she shouldnt.

- Etc

Bluntly stating that something has bugs doesn't do any good to anyone. If you'd like them fixed you should point out where and how the bugs occur and ask them fixed. And that's assuming the author is giving support to the mod...

I really want to try this map. But I have a problem, I do not charge. 

¿Must put rar files directly in / map? or should I place them in a particular folder? Zomboid / media / maps / challengemaps <- I listed the same two normal maps. 

thx!