[MOD SUPPORT 32.17+] The Walking Dead Prison v3.3 (TV Show)

LeoIvanov

I haven't had this on zomboid for a few builds now, but i do recall last time i did have it on. That every time i would start getting near the prison it would lag or skip and sec or so, then clear up for a bit then skip again. This has only happened with this mod though.

I haven't had this on zomboid for a few builds now, but i do recall last time i did have it on. That every time i would start getting near the prison it would lag or skip and sec or so, then clear up for a bit then skip again. This has only happened with this mod though.

Yeah. The performance issue when approaching the prison is, unfortunately, beyond my knowledge. As far as I can tell, I had to cheat a little to have the prison spawn a ton of zombies inside the interiors, and that might be the cause of the huge performance hit upon approaching, but people have been saying that they were experiencing this even before I applied the said "cheat".

• 4 weeks later...

i'm trying it right now, and first i did a no zombie sandbox test, but the lag happens to me too, do you think it's something else or the zombie settings can make me lag even if they're off? (single player btw)
edit: i thought that maybe it's due to loading the whole cell, but after exploring the place, it keeps lagging randomly
also i found this:
http://s14.postimg.org/i2vhr1q9t/Project_Zomboid64_2015_05_30_18_44_31_457.jpg
it happened when i tried to remove the broken glass due to being a maniac of perfection, but it didn't give me the option, so i hit it with my axe and this was the result (not a big deal to me, just reporting it if you need it), the only big deal to me is that lag since it stops me every 10 seconds average. i'd love to play this multi soon, but i don't know if i can handle it  :( this map is awesome, i want to make a fort here so much

i'm trying it right now, and first i did a no zombie sandbox test, but the lag happens to me too, do you think it's something else or the zombie settings can make me lag even if they're off? (single player btw)

edit: i thought that maybe it's due to loading the whole cell, but after exploring the place, it keeps lagging randomly

also i found this:

http://s14.postimg.org/i2vhr1q9t/Project_Zomboid64_2015_05_30_18_44_31_457.jpg

it happened when i tried to remove the broken glass due to being a maniac of perfection, but it didn't give me the option, so i hit it with my axe and this was the result (not a big deal to me, just reporting it if you need it), the only big deal to me is that lag since it stops me every 10 seconds average. i'd love to play this multi soon, but i don't know if i can handle it  :( this map is awesome, i want to make a fort here so much

Yeah, I've actually been at work trying to make the map compatible with builds 32 onwards, but so far the bug that I couldn't find my way around is the save corruption. Basically, getting to the prison works fine but when you quit and log back in, the game just crashes on loading. 

The glass turning into another tile might be the problem with the map itself ^_^ When I was making it I didn't have the removal of glass in mind, and the game just seems to act weird when you map the stuff that can only happen within the game (Barricading, breaking glass, etc). That broken window in particular is just there for the looks, something that you observe and try to figure out what happened. I think, the only way I can fix this is just make all of the windows in that guard tower absolutely untouched. 

And the game freezing... I've been trying to stay away from telling people how I got the zombies to spawn in huge numbers in there, but it seems like it becomes much bigger of issue. Basically, on the third floor of the huge garage building, I've put a BUNCH of 1x1 rooms with invisible floors and walls. Since the zombies ever spawn in interiors only when the building is huge (read as - has many rooms), that's the only solution I came up with. Having to think of another 100+ rooms in an actual prison was not a task I thought I could handle :P

i can't tell about the freezing once reloading inside, but i'm happy you're working on the map again ^^
i'm sure you'll find a way, it can't be impossible, i'll wait for the first stable version and count on me for testing if that might help you, i'm not expert but i move everything just to see if it works XD

Boring copyright bollocks

MODS_02.png

Credit where it's due

This mod can be added to and extended by anyone in the community, but credit must be given to the original author within the files of the mod - and posted alongside the mod wherever it roams.

This is the default permissions setting, if no other permissions info is specified.

Here we go. I was waiting for it long enough, but nobody seemed to start making it so, I thought : "Why the hell not?".

Right now I'm working on the exterior look of the prison, will be adding interior details fairly soon.

Images of progress for older versions :

vBQg6S6.png

FV0qUpp.png

vzHgbym.png

The prison is pretty much finished!

UW5l6Yj.png

Download link v3.1 (IWBUMS 31.3+, Vanilla map only)

Don't forget to make backups!

how do you install it?

how do you install it?

There is a readme within the archive. You will need to put the files in project zomboid/media/maps/Muldraugh KY (Sorry if the directory is wrong, I can't remember the specific location out of my head right now)

how do you install it?

There is a readme within the archive. You will need to put the files in project zomboid/media/maps/Muldraugh KY (Sorry if the directory is wrong, I can't remember the specific location out of my head right now)

okay i did that, now how do i tell if it's installed in the game properly? it doesn't show up in the maps in-game

how do you install it?

okay i did that, now how do i tell if it's installed in the game properly? it doesn't show up in the maps in-game

You have to get to this area in the game and see for yourself. If you find a building with high, metal fences around it - You probably got it installed correctly :)

did my info help in any way with that lag issue? i want to play this so bad XD i'm waiting for this to get back to sp atm, catching enough food and starting up a trip to the place and conquering it with days of struggle :D this will be good

Unfortunately, the FPS issue is beyond my knowledge. I have a few theories, but in the end it'll be about what you want : A bit of lag while approaching prison and a lot of zombies inside, or no lag while approaching prison but little to none zombies within the building itself? I might have to consult with EasyPickins on that issue (Don't want to disturb him right now, after all I'm still bugging him about zombie migration ^_^), maybe we'll get to some conclusion together :P But for now, (or as soon as I get to release new version that -just works- with build 32) I'm afraid players will have to tolerate a bit of lag when approaching it :(

if it still works i'd be fine with the last version with no zeds inside, i'd probably lure a horde inside myself XD

and yep, easypickins is great, not even half a day after i posted a bug, he already fixed it, i bet he'd at least tell you where to look ^^

The problem with no zombies inside is that it poses no challenge to take over the prison, and I want it to be as hard as it was for Rick and their group to take it over :) It's a high risk = high reward, because this area provides everything : Guns, medicine, food, shelter, safety... And to get it all you'll have to fight for it, which was this map's intent from the moment I started working on it.

you got me on this one, i'd be willing to move a horde inside myself, but i understand why you keep it this way: it's art and it's yours, and i'm perfectly fine with it :) then keep in mind that you have someone somewhere thinking about this to start a sp game XD and about balancing i'd cut the food inside, so that you'll be forced earlier to scavenge, perhaps balancing with some gas since the place is pretty far from every gas stations, you won't be able to move a lot of it before the shutoff

you got me on this one, i'd be willing to move a horde inside myself, but i understand why you keep it this way: it's art and it's yours, and i'm perfectly fine with it :) then keep in mind that you have someone somewhere thinking about this to start a sp game XD and about balancing i'd cut the food inside, so that you'll be forced earlier to scavenge, perhaps balancing with some gas since the place is pretty far from every gas stations, you won't be able to move a lot of it before the shutoff

The food is pretty well balanced in on by itself - if you take too long or start in 8 months later sandbox preset, all of the food available inside prison will become rotten. There are no canned reserves :P

About the gas - I'll see if I can make it so the generators spawn in one of the guard towers, but I'll need to consult with RJ on this one, as I have no idea which room definition the generator uses to spawn in. About spawns for gas cans - That's a good idea and something that I might add for the next update to spawn in that single garage. Or maybe I'll just keep everything as is, and force you all to carry all those heavy gas canisters and generators all the way from Muldraugh. We'll see ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

So is the crash bug fixed yet? Or is there a way to circumvent it?

I have done a few tests before and it seems the crash bug magically ceased to exist, however, I have no idea how the transition from the prison of build 31 is going to work to prison of build 32.

If you have the time, you can test it out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvv4jn4yw9b0ovr/Prisonv3.1.rar?dl=0 - prison from build 31

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmgd88dlah4nfiy/Prisonv3.2.rar?dl=0 - the new prison for build 32. No new fixes or anything to the map are made, just an updated set of .lot files and the new one generated by WorldEd with the updated map tools for zombie migration to work.

I'd need you (or anyone, for that matter) to do the following :

- Install the build 31 prison (first link) into build 31 (official build).

- Go to survival and run towards it.

- Save inside it's walls and quit the game.

- Opt into IWBUMS branch

- Install the build 32 prison (second link) into build 32 (IWBUMS branch)

- load up the save and see if it crashes.

I'll try and do it this evening, but if anyone gives it a try faster can post the results here, or send them to me in forum PM. You'd help out greatly :P

TGGQYYC.jpg

Okay, so - ran the compatibility today.

Transition from Prison build 31 to Prison build 32 does seem a bit painful. However, aside from a few "Severe" stack traces in console, the save files that had their character saved within the world prison's cell did not crash and loaded in perfectly.

However, an issue that cropped up from the transition :

- Old zombie locations within the world did not save. Severely advice you all to save INSIDE the prison. Any barricades put up prior in build 31, probably, won't help you from keeping the zombies from spawning in for THE FIRST TIME in build 32. Unless you have made quite a huge base in build 31, it shouldn't be that much of a problem aside from a few more cleanups on your yard. 

- The "broken window" glass inside the prison's main entrance hall shouldn't be tampered with, that means you shouldn't remove glass from that broken window. As reported by some other user, the broken glass tile will turn into a "wall" tile. Just don't touch it.. ^_^

- I have thought about it and came to conclusion that I won't make gas cans or generators spawn inside the prison. If they actually spawn in one of the guard towers, then that's fine, but if they don't - Your character will have a reason to make trips outside of the prison's walls. Will especially prove interesting for multiplayer people - One character will make trips for gasoline and generators, while the other works on the walls and all that.

A few tests internally using the dynamic map spawn shown that zombies won't "walk" through fences during meta-events and WILL actually end up outside, slowly building up in numbers a.k.a "The Walking Dead".

So, on that note - Build 32 Prison map can be downloaded here. Updated the main post.

PLEASE report any bugs you can find, it's merely a first ever test version open to the public, so bugs are bound to happen.  

Guys this may sound noob but i'm new here anyway :P which are the coordinates or how can i find the prison? pasted all the files inside muldraugh, now i'm playing it but can't find the place... Any tips? Screenshots look really nice btw, awesome work!

sounds awesome, actually the gas cans thing a little less (speaking for sp), it basically means either using sandbox and having power shut off after monthes or non relying on generators at all, the closest gas station is on the edge of muldraugh and getting back from there overencumbered is a suicide.
but then i was wondering, is there even a fridge inside? i can't recall... if there's not a fridge then even powering it with gas cans found in sheds would be ok.
i really hope i can give it a try as soon as possible and looking forward for the fps freezing thing too ^^
this will be my reason to get back to single player <3

sounds awesome, actually the gas cans thing a little less (speaking for sp), it basically means either using sandbox and having power shut off after monthes or non relying on generators at all, the closest gas station is on the edge of muldraugh and getting back from there overencumbered is a suicide.

but then i was wondering, is there even a fridge inside? i can't recall... if there's not a fridge then even powering it with gas cans found in sheds would be ok.

i really hope i can give it a try as soon as possible and looking forward for the fps freezing thing too ^^

this will be my reason to get back to single player <3

There are quite a few fridges inside the prison. 

EDIT: Here, for example. On level 1 (second floor).

i managed to do some testing, i used no zombies and abundant everything in sandbox.
apparently there is a chance for gas cans to spawn inside, and generators power a really small section of the prison (i connected one outside at floor 0 in that fridge area you posted, the power couldn't reach the ammunation area).
it's pretty fine then, people will have to prioritize the fridges and it's amazing that the noisy generator will be placed in the only area of the prison that is not well protected, that area will always be attacked once migrations happens :D
i thought that perhaps the freezing thing happens more because of the no zombie settings, may that be a thing? even though i got way less freezing after a while (in v31 i had them constantly).
i also wanted to ask if there is a way to get to that area without a sledge since i can't seem to find one, actually i can't even find a sledge inside the prison even on abundant loot + lucky (sledges on single player are my doom, i never ever ever ever ever find one), so what is the main way to get to that part of the building?