[MOD SUPPORT 32.17+] The Walking Dead Prison v3.3 (TV Show)

LeoIvanov

Hey;

I've just added this to the main map but it seems to break Necro Forge, if I also add object.lua. But without adding the lua and just replacing the lotpack and lotheader, the prison still shows on the map and is explorable and NF works.

Is the objects.lua imperative to be used?

Hey;

I've just adding this to the main map but it seems to break Necro Forge, if I also add object.lua. But without adding the lua and just replacing the lotpack and lotheader, the prison still shows on the map and is explorable and NF works.

Is the objects.lua imperative to be used?

Not really, I've placed it there during the internal testing when I tried to make the zones work (If you load the prison without the modded objects.lua, you can Forage inside the prison), but they just don't seem to work as I want them to. It's in the files because I forgot getting rid of it, I think EasyPickins promised to look into the issue in future builds, but for now you might be better off without it :P

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply. Love the building.

One more question... is the body of water in the SW corner fishable?

I have never actually checked, I was busy with testing other sides of the prison and only checked whether the water worked properly as a "barrier" or not. You are welcome to try it out and tell me if it works! :)

It is fishable (:

Time to move home base... again.

After downloading, where do I put the prison file? Also, I cannot open this downloaded file to extract the contents.

You need a zip type app to open it... I prefer 7-zip.

Just replace the lotpack and lotheader located in \Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\maps\Muldraugh, KY and select "yes" to overwrite.

ManBearPig has posted a great and lengthy video of him going around the prison in survival mode of 30.15 ^_^

I watched it yesterday... I did not do as well as him. First area I opened, I became zombie fodder.

One thing I have noticed, some doors that are horizontal (namely the cell doors), do not need to be opened. You and zombies can walk through them, and that is how I died.

ManBearPig has posted a great and lengthy video of him going around the prison in survival mode of 30.15 ^_^

I watched it yesterday... I did not do as well as him. First area I opened, I became zombie fodder.

One thing I have noticed, some doors that are horizontal (namely the cell doors), do not need to be opened. You and zombies can walk through them, and that is how I died.

Are you sure you're playing with the correct version? Because I think I've already replaced all the horizontal, bugged cell doors with something that can't be walked through. Can you show me on the blindcoder's map where exactly those doors are? It'd be very helpful :)

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=TWDPrisonv3L0

It wouldn't let me show it on his map without submitting it, so here's a screen shot from his map.

http://s251.photobucket.com/user/Harry_Canyon/media/door_zpsjk3oqrdq.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

This is the only one I really remember since I went through that door when I first entered.

And yes, I do believe it is the correct version. The one from the OP is the correct one I assume?

EDIT:

BAH.... going through the posts again, I see there was an image of what I just posted. I could have used that

Edited by RickL

It wouldn't let me show it on his map without submitting it, so here's a screen shot from his map.

http://s251.photobucket.com/user/Harry_Canyon/media/door_zpsjk3oqrdq.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

This is the only one I really remember since I went through that door when I first entered.

And yes, I do believe it is the correct version. The one from the OP is the correct one I assume?

EDIT:

BAH.... going through the posts again, I see there was an image of what I just posted. I could have used that

Oh yes, I can see now. I did not replace this door with the correct one it seems. I'll get on fixing it in a while, thanks for pointing it out :3

This update came out spontaneously, out of nowhere. I didn't think I'd get my hands on fixing the problems in my map this quick, but here we go.

Updated the prison to v3.1 (compatible with IWBUMS 31.3)

Changes :

- Added NEW Zones and Zombie Spawn map.

- Zones and Zombie spawn map are now working properly. If you didn't find zombies inside the prison enough, now they spawn in packs outside and within the prison's perimeter.

- (Not confirmed) Zombies should be respawning properly if you leave the prison non-visited for too long.

- The map square has been slightly re-worked, now instead of "abruptly cut road" there should be an actual road leading towards the prison gates.

- Replaced remaining of the "transparent doors" with the working ones. Hopefully it's the last of them that you'll run into.

- Replaced the containers on the third floor with the ones that spawn the correct loot. (No more journals, magazines and nails inside of the medical storage.)

- Halted the development of the "Last Stand" version of the map due to the introduction of the "Challenges" mode, fully focusing on it's integration into vanilla map instead.

Download link v3.1 (IWBUMS 31.3+, Vanilla map only)

Starting the new game is strongly adviced for new zones and zombie spawn/respawn to work properly.

Special thanks to ManBearPig, EasyPickins and syfy for helping me further the development of this map.

one thing i continue to battle is the outside staircase leading to the elevated walkway between buildings, the staircase has no side railing preventing you from failing off.

Oh yeah, I've had a fix for it in mind but it must've slipped under the rug ^_^ Will hotfix it in a moment.

Edit : Hotfix done (Didn't change file name, as it's literally a second's deal. Link should be the same, but I'll post it here just in case) 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvv4jn4yw9b0ovr/Prisonv3.1.rar?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question what do you exactly mean by vanilla map only would it not work if I were to download a different map?

Previous versions contained Vanilla and Last Stand versions of the prison. Now that Last Stand was replaced with Challenges, I didn't see a reason to continue working on Last Stand version, therefore Vanilla only :P

• 3 weeks later...

how to install? and how does it play?

It's written in the readme, you just need to replace the files found in "steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/maps/Muldraugh KY" with the ones within the archive  :P

i don't see this map in game...? i have install new denver, and i see in game.

It's written in the readme, you just need to replace the files found in "steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/maps/Muldraugh KY" with the ones within the archive  :P

It's there, you just need to get to it. Once you install it, spawn in Muldraugh and head here http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.3754074952542851,0.18202144056182443,66.24737266949232 (You can turn on the TWD Prison overlay at the left of the link to see where exactly you need to go)

It's there, you just need to get to it. Once you install it, spawn in Muldraugh and head here http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.3754074952542851,0.18202144056182443,66.24737266949232 (You can turn on the TWD Prison overlay at the left of the link to see where exactly you need to go)

very thx I did not know of the overlay.