[MOD SUPPORT 32.17+] The Walking Dead Prison v3.3 (TV Show)

LeoIvanov

I really want to try this map. But I have a problem, I do not charge. 

¿Must put rar files directly in / map? or should I place them in a particular folder? Zomboid / media / maps / challengemaps <- I listed the same two normal maps. 

thx!

If you want to play the map in last stand, you can replace either one of the challengemaps, but if you'd want to play in survival, you'd have to create a new folder under /media/maps.

• 2 weeks later...

There is lots of bugs :

- We can go through the metal barrel doors.

- Zombies can pass over the walls

- Character fall down where he she shouldnt.

- Etc

Hey man, thanks for the feedback. If you'd be able to pinpoint the exact locations of where they happen on this map, I'll get to fixing them A.S.A.P :P Had been in the hospital, unable to make any updates or fixes.

I really like this!! I can get it to play on Challenge map! ( Can I play 2 players on a challenge map with my friend??)

Also, Id like to have this prison added to the vanilla map, so I can have other places to visit too? Is that possible?

Thanks!!

I think RingoD is working on adding this map to his Bedford Falls V3 update, so you'll have plently of other awesome buildings to run around at. :P 

I'm not sure if there is a multiplayer ability to play on challenge maps yet... But a good thing to suggest nonetheless

I really like this!! I can get it to play on Challenge map! ( Can I play 2 players on a challenge map with my friend??)

Also, Id like to have this prison added to the vanilla map, so I can have other places to visit too? Is that possible?

Thanks!!

I think RingoD is working on adding this map to his Bedford Falls V3 update, so you'll have plently of other awesome buildings to run around at. :P 

I'm not sure if there is a multiplayer ability to play on challenge maps yet... But a good thing to suggest nonetheless

I hope so on both accounts! Thanks BG!

• 2 months later...

The map has been updated to v2.

New additions :

- Pond outside of a prison for people to fish in.

- Two Dining areas (One of them straight from the tv show, where SOMETHING happens to Herschel's leg.)

- Reworked the grass/ground area on the outer perimeter.

- New cell block (with it's own surprise waiting inside)

- Map added to vanilla map!

- Small fixes (being able to break and climb through walls as if they were windows.)

- Harder access to the gun storage, higher reward if you succeed.

The prison is located HERE on the vanilla map:

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.37192628933909155,0.18098743579565932,46.005119909369675

Download link

Enjoy!

Will see if I can make it work as a "MOD", meaning you'll be able to toggle it ON and OFF in the mods menu, for people who don't want to overwrite original files when playing multiplayer.

Edit : Picture of an updated version added to the main post.

3ePYMCl.png

• 2 weeks later...

loving this map, Leo. me and a streamer from Twitch use this on his server as our base, and a lot of people like the work you did on it.

so far we've had 2 broken legs from falling off stairs, and a serious game of late night tag when the interior gets pitch black.

but one thing occurred to me, every prison i ever heard of had some type of Infirmary/Medical Office where the inmates could get bandages and stitches.

if you do a V3, please consider adding one.

Its great having this map in vanilla, and last stand. One thing i I've noticed so far is when your playing on the main map, and you run to the prison. When i was outside in the courtyard or near the prison it would skip and/or lag for a sec like a burp. If i went inside this effect stopped. So not sure if anyone else is being effected by this. Also i tried to just have this map on sandbox and i cant seem to get it to show up on the map selection screen. I believe i did it right as far as the installation. Go to media, then maps, then create another folder then add the files for the prison, right? 

• 2 weeks later...

TWDPrisonStoves.png

I was looking into these "hitches" you guys were talking about, pretty sure I found the cause.  Look at all those invisible stoves.  I think when the building was made, a whole bunch of "empty" tiles were painted using the Tiles mode to get rid of the floor on the second level.  Those "empty" tiles were all from the cooking appliances tilesheet which had the "stove" property set on them.  So there are hundreds of invisible stoves on the map.  :mrgreen:

If you want a room with no floor, choose "None" as the floor tile in the Rooms editor.

Almost lost my mind trying to figure out how those stoves were getting in there. :cry:

TWDPrisonStoves.png

I was looking into these "hitches" you guys were talking about, pretty sure I found the cause.  Look at all those invisible stoves.  I think when the building was made, a whole bunch of "empty" tiles were painted using the Tiles mode to get rid of the floor on the second level.  Those "empty" tiles were all from the cooking appliances tilesheet which had the "stove" property set on them.  So there are hundreds of invisible stoves on the map.  :mrgreen:

If you want a room with no floor, choose "None" as the floor tile in the Rooms editor.

Almost lost my mind trying to figure out how those stoves were getting in there. :cry:

Holy shit! A true bug that would've taken me eternities to even attempt to find. I am now very afraid to even think what other bugs might still be there due to the barbaric ways that I've used to make the "empty floor" for the second floors... Thanks a lot for the find, you are an awesome guy <3 Will get to fixing it right away.

Oh god I feel so embarrassed right now. The coders and mappers around this community must have broken their faces from all these facepalms.

EDIT: Made the fixes related to missing floors being cupboards and placed the rails by most, if not all, the stairs to avoid broken legs. Also added a lot of new light switches in the hallways to stop people from playing late night tags as has been suggested earlier. No infirmary/medical place this time as I plan on adding it during the new re-design when I work on v3.0, but hopefully now the map has less stutter when accessing the cell where the prison spawns. If you guys can give it a go before I officially release it, I'd greatly appreciate it :P

Test Download link to v2.1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9u3bnojlv3eb1j/Prisonv2.1.rar?dl=0

- Floors are now properly transparent, they are not ovens anymore. Should massively reduce the lag spike when accessing the prison area on vanilla map now.

- Added rails nearby all the staircases to avoid accidental falling and breaking legs.

- Added light switches almost near all the doorways to avoid people stumbling helplessly in the dark during the night. (Won't help when electricity goes out though, you're on your own from there)

- Minor fixes that I deem unworthy/embarrassing of mentioning in the fix list.

Edited by LeoIvanov

TWDPrisonStoves.png

Holy shit! A true bug that would've taken me eternities to even attempt to find. I am now very afraid to even think what other bugs might still be there due to the barbaric ways that I've used to make the "empty floor" for the second floors... Thanks a lot for the find, you are an awesome guy <3 Will get to fixing it right away.

Oh god I feel so embarrassed right now. The coders and mappers around this community must have broken their faces from all these facepalms.

EDIT: Made the fixes related to missing floors being cupboards and placed the rails by most, if not all, the stairs to avoid broken legs. Also added a lot of new light switches in the hallways to stop people from playing late night tags as has been suggested earlier. No infirmary/medical place this time as I plan on adding it during the new re-design when I work on v3.0, but hopefully now the map has less stutter when accessing the cell where the prison spawns. If you guys can give it a go before I officially release it, I'd greatly appreciate it :P

Test Download link to v2.1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9u3bnojlv3eb1j/Prisonv2.1.rar?dl=0

- Floors are now properly transparent, they are not ovens anymore. Should massively reduce the lag spike when accessing the prison area on vanilla map now.

- Added rails nearby all the staircases to avoid accidental falling and breaking legs.

- Added light switches almost near all the doorways to avoid people stumbling helplessly in the dark during the night. (Won't help when electricity goes out though, you're on your own from there)

Hellooooooooooooooo there!!! Congratulations for the prison's map! It's really good!

I have a question guys, this map works on "Sandbox"??

Awesome! No more broken legs! :D

Actually, I have a current game, (still going at over 2 months), where when I first got to the prison I broke my leg.....twice...and cut it deeply the third time I fell, (while my broken leg was still healing) :P

Nice work Leo

:)

Does the game stutter anymore when first accessing the Prison cell now?

I used it on IWBUMS 30.16 and it loads in Survival Mode on the Muldraugh Map. (stutterd a bit when entering Prison)

But not in LastSatnd as Challenge2 Map. I just spawn in the Normal house.

what am i doing wrong? no worki in last stand? or do i spawn in the house and have to go to the prison?

I used it on IWBUMS 30.16 and it loads in Survival Mode on the Muldraugh Map. (stutterd a bit when entering Prison)

what am i doing wrong? no worki in last stand? or do i spawn in the house and have to go to the prison?

Did you replace the files from "Last Stand" folder into their corresponding folders of challenge1/challenge2 ?

Did you replace the files from "Last Stand" folder into their corresponding folders of challenge1/challenge2 ?

yes,yes of course. downloaded the .zip folders. unpackt it (2 folders). "vanilla map" into "muldraugh folder"  and "laststand" into "challenge2" folder. but i just start inthe original house. tried both challenges. same.

• 3 weeks later...

Since nobody seem to report much trouble with the performance within the v2.1, I think It's good enough to release it publicly.

Download link (v2.1)

- Floors are now properly transparent, they are not ovens anymore. Should massively reduce the lag spike when accessing the prison area on vanilla map.

• 3 weeks later...

The Walking Dead prison, version 3.0 has been released!

UW5l6Yj.png

A few screenshots :

bGaflAI.jpg

(Kudos to EreWeGo for this badass picture :3)

AnOBOUC.png

pMEZ2ZJ.png

Changelog :

- Completely reworked the guard towers. Now they are enterable and spawn quite a bit of interesting loot!

- Zombies in survival now spawn within the walls in very high density! Going in the prison unarmed is heavily not adviced.

- Added third floor to the staff building on the right. You can access the stairs that lead there from the second floor where the staff hangs out.

- Added infirmary + med storage where a crap loads of meds are located on the third floor. Just like with the gun storage, you'll have to find a sledgehammer to get there, but the reward is more than worth your time.

- Replaced all the current "transparent" bar doors to something that can properly be opened and closed.

- 2nd and 3rd floor walls in the staff section now look cleaner.

- Wider prison entrance, had to fit the guard tower in there.

- Windows on second and third floors. Hordes of zombies now tend to break out of them and fill out the front yard. 

Have a great time with it! Special thanks for Josko, EreWeGo and Gammlernoob for their extensive help with testing this map out for me. <3

I'd also like to specially mention ManBearPig and syfy for making videos and streams of my map, helping me out a ton in finding a lot of common bugs with old versions and throwing ideas for newer builds.

Download link (v3.0)