Fire effect on zombies different from player

Vitarahk

Hi - been loving this game after playing for over 1000 hours. 

Have an observation about fire, both from personal experience and from watching YouTubers. It seems that fire kills a player much faster than a zombie, which doesn’t seem to make sense. True, the dead won’t feel pain and hence march on even if they’re on fire, but should that fire also weaken the dead and make them drop quickly instead of let them continue their pursuit of players for an extended period of time? Would it be possible to tweak the effect of fire so that either the character survives a bit longer, or the zombies drop dead faster to equate with the player’s drop dead time? Also, is there any means of putting out fire on a character, such as by applying a fire extinguisher on self or pouring water on self or jumping into a pool or lake or river? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 1:04 PM, getstoopid said:

I think it makes somewhat sense. The living can't stand the excruciating pain very long and would drop pretty quick.

Living people are smart enough to Stop drop and roll, or at least pat the fire out.

Or even Strip and remove the clothing on fire

5 hours ago, ZombieHunter said:

Living people are smart enough to Stop drop and roll, or at least pat the fire out.

in a recent dev blog post they showed that they are working on something sort of like that

15 hours ago, ZombieHunter said:

That for sure, I totally agree! I was referring to the zombies running around while being on fire whereas humans die instantly. That I guess makes sense.

Archived