Bad ambient sound frequency/location

Modin

After I turned the music off I started noticing a distant car sound playing way too much in an area that makes no sense for it to play.

The area is deep forest (specifically around the lone cabin south of LV). Among the sounds that play (animal sounds, howling, wind etc...) is a distant car engine sound that plays every 1 or 2 in-game hours.

It feels very out of place to have that sound play 6 months into the apocalypse, inside a deep forest far from roads, every in-game hour, and is quite immersion-breaking.

No mods. Do you know of a way to capture footage when the game is in fullscreen? It gives a black screen for me.

Edit: it would seem to not be a "once in a while" sound effect like a wolf howling, but a constant "atmospheric" background that has car engines roaring softly in the distance. It's hard to hear. And it's active here, in a deep forest far from any highway. Seems to only be active in the northern part of the forest, which is closer to a sort of vacation resort in the woods (south of the mall). It's active everywhere but I couldn't hear it during fog - maybe it was replaced by the fog's own atmospheric background (that anxiogenic hissing).

Edit2: it basically feels as if there's a racetrack nearby with people in cars going "brrrr" 24/7, 6 months into a zombie apocalypse. At 1 AM in the forest "brrr".

Edit3: ah. According to the PZ map project, there's a racetrack/abandoned airfield nearby. That must be it. Maybe this "racetrack" atmosphere should just be removed? Doesn't make sense to hear car engines go "brrr" 24/7 6 months into the apocalypse.

Edited by Modin

On 12/2/2022 at 3:23 PM, Modin said:

No mods. Do you know of a way to capture footage when the game is in fullscreen? It gives a black screen for me.

Edit: it would seem to not be a "once in a while" sound effect like a wolf howling, but a constant "atmospheric" background that has car engines roaring softly in the distance. It's hard to hear. And it's active here, in a deep forest far from any highway. Seems to only be active in the northern part of the forest, which is closer to a sort of vacation resort in the woods (south of the mall). It's active everywhere but I couldn't hear it during fog - maybe it was replaced by the fog's own atmospheric background (that anxiogenic hissing).

Edit2: it basically feels as if there's a racetrack nearby with people in cars going "brrrr" 24/7, 6 months into a zombie apocalypse. At 1 AM in the forest "brrr".

Edit3: ah. According to the PZ map project, there's a racetrack/abandoned airfield nearby. That must be it. Maybe this "racetrack" atmosphere should just be removed? Doesn't make sense to hear car engines go "brrr" 24/7 6 months into the apocalypse.

If you use OBS, it should work to capture it fullscreen. If not, turning it to windowed mode for the sake of a recording won't really matter as long as the sound is there. :)

If you can get it recording visually and audibly in any way that'd be good.

It's certainly odd still, I don't recall that being a sound effect in the game.