Grievous zombie wounds

FauxPass

• FauxPass changed the title to Grievous zombie wounds

C'mon. That's the point, though - fractures are impossible to get unless you drive 120mph into a wall or jump off a tall building, one way to make them more common would be to have zombies inflict them. I am looking for a good replacement for zombie infection, something that punishes you for getting attacked and isn't a dice roll to guaranteed death, but rather a challenging hurdle you have to use your wits to overcome. This sounds reasonable for that.

I would not really understand why a zombie could cause a broken bone under normal circumstances? What other deep wound than a bite or laceration would be reasonable?

I actually like the idea of risking some other unexpected wounds like a tiny chance to inflict a laceration while crafting something with low skill or even break a bone when disassembling something and "fail" or a bleeding cut to the hand when using a knife. But zombies? 

Edited by getstoopid

7 hours ago, getstoopid said:

I would not really understand why a zombie could cause a broken bone under normal circumstances?

Abnormally strong bite? It's just a sandbox option, it doesn't have to be perfectly in line with tradition.

On 11/27/2022 at 1:26 PM, FauxPass said:

I would like a sandbox option for zombies to have a chance to inflict deep wounds and fractures on players, preferably with adjustable chance. Because it's cool & fun.

If zombie gives you a deep wound you are dead anyway from infection.

I would love to expand this suggestion a bit more - make zombie attacks be controlled by sandbox options. For example, players could set zombies to only inflict bites (more TWD/Resident Evil based) or only scratches/lacerations (more L4D2 based), or both. On top of that I think bites should be kinda treated as deep wounds and require stitching to properly heal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 6:07 AM, FauxPass said:

Can turn off infection in sandbox settings, or mod it so it's curable.

That is why I like State of Decay 2 infection system.  Every plague hit adds to a plague meter, when plague meter is full you only get infected. This makes infections far more predictable, curable and very fair to the player

4 hours ago, getstoopid said:

Well the whole point of the zombie apocalypse (in PZ) is that it is not fair to you. It is deliberately not that kind of game. You got infected? You die... there is no "if".

Then we should remove sandbox mode and modding, as those are an affront to the official™ incontestable way to play Zomboid.

Nope that wasn't what I meant or even said for that matter... it's just not the way infection was intended in vanilla. You want to change that? Go ahead and install a mod.. there are plenty out there that change the way infection works, maybe even a "State of Decay"-mod? 

14 hours ago, getstoopid said:

Nope that wasn't what I meant or even said for that matter... it's just not the way infection was intended in vanilla. You want to change that? Go ahead and install a mod.. there are plenty out there that change the way infection works, maybe even a "State of Decay"-mod? 

Yeah I wanna pair that with this idea.