New Player! Greetings

EricJam

I am very new to the game and learning as I go. I've got about 100 hours played thus far. I've never had so much fun playing a game I am so bad at!

I really like the game, so hopefully this doesn't come off as negative criticism. Because it isn't. All I want to do is point out the process from a very new players perspective. Watching tutorials are almost mandatory. Doing something like making a campfire is something I saw on a video tutorial and I was like, oh.. I can do that huh? Building a campfire can be important, seeing how you can purify water. Any way, that is the basic gist of my suggestion. When the water went out, I thought my game was buggy. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't see the faucet menu anymore when I clicked on a faucet. That probably sounds ridiculous to someone playing for years. But, for me I wasn't sure what happened. Another example is the water bottle containers. Eventually these containers become unusable, unless you purify them in a microwave. Well, being new, I had no idea. I was carrying about 4 bottles around on me and for some reason I couldn't understand why 2 of my water containers stopped working. Another example: There is something in the game called a helicopter event. When this happened, had no idea what was happening. I could hear something. But, had no idea a chopper was chasing me. I just thought I was in a war zone and the government was taking out the Zombies. 

So that is my suggestion. Please work at making the game more intuitive for us Newbies. The more information we have in game, the faster we can get a handle on things.

As a personal suggestion if you care about base esthetics, do not rush to start on making a base untill you got carpenting 6/7 as most of the furniture and the floor tiles you can make loocks realy.

If you are the type that likes to go to a isolated place, far form evreything, than you can go and loock the warehouses close to reosewood, the one in Doe Valey and the hardweare store in riverside (in this order, especialy on a new start), so as to get as many axes as posible, and aditional loot such as seeds. All this should take about 1 ingame month (considering you also toock the time to stack up on atleast 20kg of food by the time you are ready).

You also need 1 big van (180+ storage), and as a bonus would be great if you also find a trailer, unless you want to waste fuel on making multiple trips. BTW, make sure you have 2 aditional bags, that are better than the hiking bag, besides the one on the back, to maximize carry weight. 

PS-> So far i managed to do all this in Builder mode, did not try on other dificulty. Also playing in Last stand-acumulator rly helps you with gaining confidence and train your combat agains bigger groups.

Edited by Arpagon Salaiemos
grammar corrections

The game is actually designed for you to die and learn from the mistakes.

Currently there is no "end goal" - the only purpose is to see "how long" you will live.

A lot of clues are actually on the Emergency Radio though

It will warn you about the water electricty

Will warn you about the Helicopter

It will warn you about weather events and temperatures

The problem is you have to first find a radio with Emergency Channel as a preset 

Every time you start a new game it will change the channel number ( if you are in multiplayer and make new character in same world - it will stay the same ) 

If you have any questions about mechanics feel free to ask in General Discussion

Happy hunting

P.S Bonus Tip

If you watch Life and Living on TV for first week  I think it is 6 am and 6 pm  - you will get a TON of free xp. 

Edited by ZombieHunter

As for the newbie-introduction - it would actually take much from the game that makes it great and frustrating at the same time in your first tries to survive.

I would agree that normally a game where you need to die many times to learn the basics of the game is a really bad design. However in pz it's exactly what this game is about. It is about exploring your possibilities and the "no-no"s and "do it better the next time".