How to alter existing map cells?

Rubik

I am trying to alter the Fossoil Field in Louisville to add a FEMA DRC. How can I alter the map without having to fully recreate every detail by hand and risk messing it up? Are there publicly available map images that I can pull and then edit in Tiled?

• 4 weeks later...

Afaik not. but tools like CartoZed, the TilePyramid etc helps a lot. If you go to the Ingame Map in debug mode and enable "Features" and "TilePyramid" you can see at least the Floor Tiles relativley precisely and the world map zones. You can see zones with the Chunk Debugger and all objects in their layered order as well. But yes, it's very time consumpting, and you can't be shure, that the vanilla lot will get changes in the future.

It's a pity, that we don't have access to the vanilla "Muldraugh, KY" TMX and PZW files... it would allow mappers to create modified map variants in no time in the best possible quality. Dunno if TIS theirself even have actual TMX/PZW files for all cells, since their Tile Editors had changes a lot over the years and they would have to update each Lot.

// Ah, forget to mention:

TIS recreated and released many of their vanilla buildings as TBX files matching the current Edtiors requirements, so you can simply import them. Rebuilding every building would be the hell, so this is great. Big probs to TIS for doing this. You can find the package here in the forum.

Edited by stuck1a
addition