Lot Levels?

Suomiboi

Hey, I'm a bit puzzled with purpose of the Lots column in the left side in WorldEd that has the different levels in it from 0-10.

Are these different floors or are they meant to be used as to not have clipping walls when buildings are next to one another? I'm suffering from twiddling with the clipping issue and my only solution so far has been to place the buildings in WorldEd from North to South when building a row of houses.

Here's a pic:

Spoiler

Clipping_zps30388484.png

If I can assign the buildings to the different levels, that's going to be a huge deal in making my work go a bit faster. :) If not, do you know a simple workaround?

Thanks a lot!!

Hi,

I just checked it inside WorldEd, you can assign lots to different level which seems to corresponds to some kind of layer system.

To do so, look at the bottom of WorldEd, at the center of the bottom bar, you will see a selection box with "Level 0" inside. Just change to whatever you want, and place your lot where you want. It will get over the lots which are on lower levels.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah.I have Bern having similar clipping issues. The only I have found around it thus far is to use the 'wall2' layer in BuildingEd to patch up where the clipping is occurring. Does the trick but its a pain in the backside and all trial and error. I'm currently on the hunt for some sort of flatten mechanic.