Creamation

knightshousegames

So fire is a very....VERY fickle mistress in Zomboid.

With Zombies being able to come back to life, and the general convenience of not having piles of bodies everywhere, cleaning up bodies is important, especially around the base. You CAN bury them, but that is insanely slow, and you can only fit 5 bodies per grave before having to dig another. After a huge fight, that gets exhausting

What would be nice would be if you could use a grave as a burn pit, throw the bodies in, and instead of just burying them, if you have a gas can in your inventory,  you could burn them all, clear the pit and fill it again, for quicker mass cleanup. Maybe if you dig two graves next to each other, you could have the choice to make it into a 2x2 burn pit with higher capacity.

This way you can burn bodies safely without lighting the entire town on fire

I wish we had an option that when you right click on a corpse you get the "Move corpse to" option which is basically like walk to option but now you get a radius and a yellow tile wherever your mouse/cursor is at, and you can grow the radius by 1 - 10 / 100 tiles as to tell your character to automatically pick up move and put down corpses wherever you clicked with your cursor.

For a game as grindy as PZ I think this feature, this tiny fraction of automatization whould be an update to be remembered, there's no need for burning pits or some other stuff, you can pile bodies on a campfire or any random 1x1 tile, 1 gas can + match/ligher for me the worst part is walk, get the body, walk back, drop the body then rinse and repeat all manually just after 10 corpses it becomes tedious as you had to do get and drop the corpse 20 times then go back and forth 20 times with ever increasing distance, do that to 50 corpses and you've already did this 200 times (if you haven't done the walk + fast foward lol)  for how many real life minutes 15 - 30 I guarantee.
Some advanced mehanics or just automatization to burning pits because to be honest beside burying it sounds like the most realistic way of mass disposing of corpses.

But the key word is still automatization with or without fast foward in the example I mentioned above.

16 hours ago, Irken Empire said:

I wish we had an option that when you right click on a corpse you get the "Move corpse to" option which is basically like walk to option but now you get a radius and a yellow tile wherever your mouse/cursor is at, and you can grow the radius by 1 - 10 / 100 tiles as to tell your character to automatically pick up move and put down corpses wherever you clicked with your cursor.

For a game as grindy as PZ I think this feature, this tiny fraction of automatization whould be an update to be remembered, there's no need for burning pits or some other stuff, you can pile bodies on a campfire or any random 1x1 tile, 1 gas can + match/ligher for me the worst part is walk, get the body, walk back, drop the body then rinse and repeat all manually just after 10 corpses it becomes tedious as you had to do get and drop the corpse 20 times then go back and forth 20 times with ever increasing distance, do that to 50 corpses and you've already did this 200 times (if you haven't done the walk + fast foward lol)  for how many real life minutes 15 - 30 I guarantee.
Some advanced mehanics or just automatization to burning pits because to be honest beside burying it sounds like the most realistic way of mass disposing of corpses.

But the key word is still automatization with or without fast foward in the example I mentioned above.

What you need, friend, is the Easy Corpse Move mod.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2813064350

Definitely up there as one of those "Should be Vanilla" QoL mods.

U still can burn them u know? there is mod that can easly do a pile of stuff from around. Dont remember name but mod do everything on automatic so u dont need to click on every lying body around. 
U dont need pit to burn them only use fire on pile of bodies.

5 hours ago, duh7 said:

U still can burn them u know? there is mod that can easly do a pile of stuff from around. Dont remember name but mod do everything on automatic so u dont need to click on every lying body around. 
U dont need pit to burn them only use fire on pile of bodies.

I mean you technically can, but like I said, fire is a fickle mistress in Zomboid, it's insanely easy to accidentally burn the whole town down with big open bonfires

I'd want the pits to make it safer and easier, and so you could easily just move the bodies to the pit as they build up, then just burn them when it's full to make room, without a chance of the fire spreading out of control