New Map?

Nomad Mike

I understand that project zomboid is in a fictional Kentucky, but in the near future would there be any official new maps made besides Kentucky? if there were new maps what new location would be great to see? Personally I would love to see New York City I understand Louisville is a city format but I'm thinking much bigger. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2022 at 2:49 PM, Nomad Mike said:

I understand that project zomboid is in a fictional Kentucky, but in the near future would there be any official new maps made besides Kentucky? if there were new maps what new location would be great to see? Personally I would love to see New York City I understand Louisville is a city format but I'm thinking much bigger. 

I think the current map editor only goes to floor level 7 or 8??? So No shot NYC would be possible unless they changed that. (Which i have no idea if they can or not).

There are other map and map mods out there though. I'm sure with time people will make a whole bunch of stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few new community-made maps which are quite high quality, there's one set in Korea and one in Russia, and a few more. It's not extremely difficult to make map files for this game so it's very possible to find functioning player-made maps which match the vanilla game in quality. All you really need to make a good map is time and dedication.

@Cidxgaming The devs are breaking that limit in B42 with the basement/lighting update. Limit will be 32 levels, and each cell can have it spread out on different Z-axis coords. So maybe an 30 story building with 2 sublevels of basement. Or a military base with an 11 story building on top of a 21 level subcomplex. Realistically, most places will still be in the current 7 range, but Louisville most likely will be updated to have buildings 20+ stories high. Hopefully they can eventually add the mines and caves Kentucky is famous for under this system as well.

On 1/16/2023 at 2:20 AM, TrailerParkThor said:

@Cidxgaming The devs are breaking that limit in B42 with the basement/lighting update. Limit will be 32 levels, and each cell can have it spread out on different Z-axis coords. So maybe an 30 story building with 2 sublevels of basement. Or a military base with an 11 story building on top of a 21 level subcomplex. Realistically, most places will still be in the current 7 range, but Louisville most likely will be updated to have buildings 20+ stories high. Hopefully they can eventually add the mines and caves Kentucky is famous for under this system as well.

Oh wow that sounds crazy and cool. I wonder if 32 story buildings will block too much of the view of the city as you walk around. I know some of those 7 story buildings throw you off while driving as-is, lol.

Archived