Increased building variety besides cache houses.

Zombiologist

I think the cache houses are a good way to mix up the houses but I think it would be cool if other things could spawn in as well. Houses that were owned by hoarders with tons of mostly useless junk and piles of things, or buildings under renovation with more construction tools and less decorations, homes that are set up for a birthday party, or houses with temporary storage units/dumpsters out side of them. More eccentric homes could be interesting too. I've seen people who have many aquariums/terrariums in them and people that build various types of labs and workshops inside their homes. We've all heard of meth labs, but I've also seen people make mycology labs, and I even personally have my own bioplastic laboratory in my basement, and it looks as sketchy as it sounds. XD I also converted my bedroom into giant a walk in terrarium as a kid. It was like sleeping outside in the spring year round. There are also collectors of things, and people who obsess over coloring their whole homes and wardrobes the same color, and of course people who build things like dungeons or D&D setups and other unusual things. These types of buildings and homes I think should be fairly uncommon but would be a nice way to add unexpected variety. Especially if fake architectural buildings were added that contain utilities and such, which are far more common than I think most people know. Here's a video that explains them:

Edit: oh and I forgot doomsday houses. I've seen some people with 5 freezers and 2 fridges in their house and basically a whole food store in their basement, and people with bars on their windows, floodlights, tripswires, etc. I think such houses should have corpses laying around and generally few remaining supplies, as though they got over run and their stuff either looted or packed up when they retreated.

Edited by Zombiologist