[WIP] Taser Mod

Cpt.Flapjack

Cpt.Flapjack reporting in!

So I started my first (real) mod for PZ yesterday, and it's coming along fairly well! As you can probably tell from the title, it's a taser mod!

So my idea was to put something in the game that is completely reasonable! So I created a contact taser. My idea was to have a light stealthy weapon that could be used to knock a zed on his/her/it's ass long enough for you to get away!

How I see it, a zombie would react very similarly to a human when they were electrocuted by a taser, muscles seize up and you fall over, but with a taser it would be difficult to actually destroy the brain or do enough bodily harm to kill them. It's great for knocking that pesky bugger that has you by the neck on his rear end with a shock.

A little side note, my mod is compatible with NecroForge, it can be found spawned using it, with permission of course! :)

My Sprite:

79RGi.png

I know it's really rough, but I just started and the sprite, along with a lot of the mod, is still under production!

So I want feedback, all shapes and sizes appreciated! Ask questions about the mod, anything from lore to technical!

G'day Capn'!

Me much like. This is a thing that many have been requesting in my times on the forum so I know it will be wanted. Also I think you're going in the right direction with the thing that it isn't lethal to zombies. At least according to the Zombie survival guide tasers will as you said stun but not kill zombies.

Do you already know how you're going to approach this? Any lua required?

Also the sprite looks good too. Maybe darken the rear so that it doesn't look that much like it's open in the both ends. :P

Well my friend, heres the run down of how it works so far in-game:

-Fairly durable

-Weighs 1.5

-Uses the knife atack stile because you'd jab with a contact taser, not swing it!

-Can't 1-hit jaw stab the zombies like knives can

-Uses the knife character sprite (I don't even know if I can edit my own in, can I at the moment?)

-Takes a good 10-12 hits at the moment to kill a zombie

-Knocks a zombie backa tinsie bit

-Knocks a zombie on his arse with a good quick jab and shock!

-Can be spawned in with NecroForge

-Distributions already implemented (Needs further testing)

I have tested all of the above a lot, it works very well,

What I want to include before a full release:

-Sound effects

-Tweaked/Well tested distributions

-A recharge mechanic (Note #1)

-Better sprite

-In game character sprite (If possible)

-Balanced stats

All of these will be coming soon (hopefully)!

Note #1: You know a weapons condition? I want possibly change that to show charge for just the tazer, and once it's all used it you recharge (repair, technically) it with batteries and you can use it again!

Any more questions my friend?

Hey rorschach, they are called stun guns, they are also called contact tasers (which is what people around my area refer to them as). If one is more correct then the other, or if enough people want me too, I will most certainly change it! :D

Also, I wanted to leave it as Taser because I've also been toying around with a ranged version that requires a reload every time but I haven't had a lot of time to type up the coding!

I see, that's cool. In Europe, they would be called stun guns, but 'Taser' does roll off the tongue very nicely.

A ranged Taser would be very cool to play with, not sure how much use it'll be against multiple zombies, but the more weapon options that PZ has, the better, if you ask me.

I'll hit the 'follow' button and look forward to being to play with your mod soon, I hope!

I can't wait to give you a version that I think is playable! :D

And my weapons are purely defensive ;) Say, if you're looting a store and you need to get out the back door when one bugger stumbles his way in through your only way out, tase him from far away with the ranged taser, or up close with the contact taser, then run past his temporarily limp corpse :)

In game character sprites aren't yet possible sadly, but I'm thinking they will be at some point after the 3D rendering.

You could assign a delta value to the taser and make a lua function that uses it on every hit. I don't know how the battery works with the delta, but you could check on how other items handle it. Or just make a recipe with one battery and the taser to make a new taser. (Or with the fixing system) That way the delta is full again.

Suomiboi, the whole crafting idea was what I was talking about. Like you know how you have your weapons that can be repaired with tape or woodglue and the such?

When you use the Contact Taser until it runs out of batteries/charge(It breaks) then you use a battery to recharge it (repair it like any other weapon) and if I could figure out how to rename the "condition bar" to "charge bar" and instead of the context menu saying repair, have it say recharge, even though fundemntally repairing a vanilla weapon is the same thing as charging the Contact Taser... I hope that makes sense :S

Anyways, once I'm out of school for today I'll give it a go, it was waaay too late last night to get on that, I had just finished writing the distibutions!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I apologize to everyone who's seen or read this. I haven't updated in a long while because I've been having troubles (personal, family, blah, blah blah..) so it's been difficult and I had to focus on straightening things out first so.. I'm getting back at it, and hopefully with the new 3D models, I can work in my own custom model for the taser.

I apologize dearly for the long time of silence, I hope you've all been well,

Cpt.Flapjack