Probably time for Less New Content and More Polishing old Content

ZombieHunter

A lot of old content really needs some love and adding all this liquid splitting and animals seem like adding "more stuff" for sake of stuff.

To give multiple examples

The whole "Smoke Bomb" - uses an insanely rare resource ice pack. 

In 500 hours of Zomboid  you know how many ice packs I found? 1. 

Cars for example is another piece of content that needs move. There are parts of cars that can't be replaced. 

Nor are there any anti-zombie "modifications" to cars. Which is something that I am sure alot of people will appreciate. Such as putting bars on Cars.

Speaking of cars - Cars getting stuck and moving 1mph on shrubs even though it has a 350 hp engine? and offroad wheels?

Cars Weight \ Tires \ Engine  - should be deciding factor how fast it can go offroad - with things like a Cow Catcher being able to destroy saplings outright without daming the engine.

Another issue is building 

There are no really creative barricades players have access to.  Like setting up Spiked Barricades in the street running between them and watching zombies skewer them selves as they chase you. 

Instead players get access to questionable traps like pipebombs and noise makers.

Weapons again - lack any real customization

Not being able to reinforce parts to add durability

Only a few weapons can be modified to make it more deadly. 

Would really appreciate seeing old content getting a refresh to make it worth while. 

Cause right now there is a ton of old content that is just rarely used, or just frustrating mechanic choices. 

I don't agree with everything you said but agree with the general message. There is a lot of stuff they started working on and "gave up" on it, at least it seems like that. For example the car modifications, the creative mode, blacksmith skill...

And some things that definitely need improvements, like farming and first aid skills being almost useless to lvl up.

Anyway I don't think they add stuff just to add stuff, sure it's to please players because some will complain if nothing is added, the typical: "they add nothing, development is dead" but it's mostly because of their priority list, they have a looooot of work to do and they can't do everything so some things are more urgent than others. They would love to do what you're asking for and most of it is probably planned but most people want new content especially NPCs which are awaited for nearly a decade now so they work on that first.

On 11/13/2022 at 8:33 AM, Axezombie said:

I don't agree with everything you said but agree with the general message. There is a lot of stuff they started working on and "gave up" on it, at least it seems like that. For example the car modifications, the creative mode, blacksmith skill...

And some things that definitely need improvements, like farming and first aid skills being almost useless to lvl up.

Anyway I don't think they add stuff just to add stuff, sure it's to please players because some will complain if nothing is added, the typical: "they add nothing, development is dead" but it's mostly because of their priority list, they have a looooot of work to do and they can't do everything so some things are more urgent than others. They would love to do what you're asking for and most of it is probably planned but most people want new content especially NPCs which are awaited for nearly a decade now so they work on that first.

I am not saying don't add new stuff.

More like - Polish up old stuff first then focus on adding more.

Adding new features to old content is still "new content" in the end of the day.

On 11/13/2022 at 1:33 PM, Axezombie said:

I agree with First Aid, but Farming? - one of the easiest skills to level up and gives more useful info at higher levels plus better yields (IIRC). If anything Farming needs more variety (the ability to plant seeds from found rare veg like bell peppers would be nice).

As for the OP I agree that some stuff needs attention, but as you can see from the replies it's a matter of personal opinion what needs love and what doesn't. Some things everyone can agree with (like First Aid), but a lot of the stuff the are working on for 42 is stuff people have requested for ages (like animals) and the crafting rework may actually bring stuff you mentioned (like more customisation for cars and weapons).

5 hours ago, bpdlr said:

I agree with First Aid, but Farming? - one of the easiest skills to level up and gives more useful info at higher levels plus better yields (IIRC). If anything Farming needs more variety (the ability to plant seeds from found rare veg like bell peppers would be nice).

At lvl 0 in farming I have all the information I need, I know if my plants have enough water, I know when they can be harvested and are seed bearing, I know their health status and I know which diseases they have, better yields doesn't really interest me, with 4 crops I already have enough food anyway.

Archived