Cigarette Quantity

SyntheticDivine

Just a suggestion for the sake of realism but while playing I just realized... Every time you kill a zombie, and find cigarettes on its corpse, it's always exactly 20 (representing a full, unopened pack). It's one thing to find even round numbers of cigarettes (in multiples of 20) in desks, or in convenience stores, etc., that's perfectly realistic as one would expect to see unopened packs in such locations. However, if we can safely assume that those zombies who are carrying cigarettes were, in life, likely smokers themselves, then we should see a wide variance in the number of cigarettes left in the pack they're carrying. It should, quite literally, be anywhere between 1-20, rather than exactly 20 every time, as realistically you should expect them to be carrying a pack they'll have already smoked a few cigarettes from. Thus from a realism standpoint, it might be better to have the loot generator select whether or not a zombie is carrying cigarettes (as per normal), but then if it determines they are, have a secondary RNG determine how many (between 1-20) they're carrying. Also, there should be a slightly higher probability that those people who are carrying cigarettes should also be carrying either a lighter or matches. Way too often I see zombies carrying cigarettes with *no way to light them*. Usually if people are going to bum a light, they're also the type who are going to bum a cigarette to begin with (i.e. it's uncommon for a person to carry cigarettes with no way to light them, it would be far more common to carry a light but to have run out of cigarettes, or to carry neither).

• 1 month later...

I totally agree with your comments. Especially with the issue of lighters and matches; are very hard to find in my opinion.

Looking for lighters or matches is what makes me risk going to town. Maybe another way of making fire or lighting cigarettes should also be implemented. For example, using the car lighter, in case the car has one, to be able to smoke and at least relax the character's nerves.

Greetings!

Edited by Luxus Zigard

On 12/27/2022 at 12:13 PM, mimo_za said:

It is possible to make sticks from the board for ignition.

Wow, yesterday I was trying to light the bonfire with sticks, branches, planks and so on, but I couldn't light it. I spent a whole morning of the game trying.... So I imagine that was a suggestion you were referring to.

If not, can someone explain to me how to light a bonfire without a lighter or matches?

Thank you very much

16 hours ago, Luxus Zigard said:

Wow, yesterday I was trying to light the bonfire with sticks, branches, planks and so on, but I couldn't light it. I spent a whole morning of the game trying.... So I imagine that was a suggestion you were referring to.

If not, can someone explain to me how to light a bonfire without a lighter or matches?

Thank you very much

You have to craft a Notched Wooden Plank and have sticks in your main inventory, then you right click on the campfire => light with notched wooden plank, and you keep trying until it works. Apparently the trait outdoorsman gives you a better chance at succeeding 

4 hours ago, Axezombie said:

You have to craft a Notched Wooden Plank and have sticks in your main inventory, then you right click on the campfire => light with notched wooden plank, and you keep trying until it works. Apparently the trait outdoorsman gives you a better chance at succeeding 

Hello, thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

I've been trying again, and finally got it using the Notched Wooden Plank. This makes my life easier.

I've been playing for almost 900 hours, and I still didn't know it... but I usually like to figure things out by myself (more realism) hehe.

Thanks again.

Greetings!