Resetting the map

goatee21

Hi all, loaded up the new multiplayer to play with some family.  it's been awhile so we had to relearn commands etc.  The server is a mess the starter home burnt down etc lol.  How do i delete the map and start over?  I went through some of the startup folders that I see the java script start but I'm not sure what to toast.  We had 5 of us playing, was a blast.

PS did the forums get wiped?  I had to register again.

Later!

Hey,
if you're hosting it on your own PC the map should be saved in C:\Users\Username\Zomboid\Sandbox
Try deleting it and then start the server again. Don't know if that works but you should give it a try.

Edit: You might want to backup those files, you could delete your SP map.

Like Impy said, if you're the host than you should go to the directory he listed (C:\Users\Username\Zomboid\Sandbox) and delete every folder in there - make sure it's totally empty. Do this while ProjectZomboidServer.bat is NOT running, than re-launch the server and it should generate a new world and make you join with new characters. 

In my folder I have two files, one titled 24.21.3.112_Baron and the other titled servertest. If you only delete one of them, it doesn't seem to reset the world (from what I've noticed). This will delete your world and your characters. 

There is also a chance that your family members may have to do the same thing, as player characters are stored locally on their own PCs rather than on the server machine. 

Like Impy said, if you're the host than you should go to the directory he listed (C:\Users\Username\Zomboid\Sandbox) and delete every folder in there - make sure it's totally empty. Do this while ProjectZomboidServer.bat is NOT running, than re-launch the server and it should generate a new world and make you join with new characters. 

In my folder I have two files, one titled 24.21.3.112_Baron and the other titled servertest. If you only delete one of them, it doesn't seem to reset the world (from what I've noticed). This will delete your world and your characters. 

There is also a chance that your family members may have to do the same thing, as player characters are stored locally on their own PCs rather than on the server machine. 

Actually deleting servertest does reset the world, but the player file can create conflicts within world versions. It resets the loot containers, but structures will differ between what the server sees and what the player sees.

Actually deleting servertest does reset the world, but the player file can create conflicts within world versions. It resets the loot containers, but structures will differ between what the server sees and what the player sees.

To add to this, there is currently no system that verifies that the client and server side map files match each other.

There are two copies of the map, One on the server and one of the player's profile.

Resetting the world will reset the world, structures will disappear for new players that join, but if you reconnect, you will see the structures on your client-side even though they shouldn't be there.

I do not know if they are fixing the sync issues next update, so far i have read nothing about server/client syncing.