41.78 Released

nasKo

When it comes to propane torch,it should have 0 uses,instead the propane tank should have a it's capacity buffed by a lot and should be made that you would need to connect the propane torch to propane tank like in real life, you first place the tank on the ground and then use it to dismantle stuff,also there should be a portable propane torch witch can be used to dismantle smaller stuff,can't use portable torch to dismantle a car

1589_85094_v2-3597372336.jpg

Edited by Dtoxic

Also, regarding the number of uses for propane torches, it seems a few mods must have changed them because I'm also unable to build lvl2 metal walls, it says I need 13/10 uses. I use a lot of mods but I have no idea which one could have changed this, I don't use any that affect metalworking directly.

8 hours ago, bpdlr said:

Also, regarding the number of uses for propane torches, it seems a few mods must have changed them because I'm also unable to build lvl2 metal walls, it says I need 13/10 uses. I use a lot of mods but I have no idea which one could have changed this, I don't use any that affect metalworking directly.

You need to have either another Propane torch or Propane tank in your inventory to build Lvl 2 wall from scratch.

17 hours ago, Dtoxic said:

When it comes to propane torch,it should have 0 uses,instead the propane tank should have a it's capacity buffed by a lot and should be made that you would need to connect the propane torch to propane tank like in real life, you first place the tank on the ground and then use it to dismantle stuff,also there should be a portable propane torch witch can be used to dismantle smaller stuff,can't use portable torch to dismantle a car

We agree, but we're not making that change for 41.

Hotfix 41.78.12 - November 23rd:

• Propane Torch usage rebalanced for Fixing and Repair scripts to accommodate the change in capacity; all reduced to 2.

• Added "AllowRottenItem:true" parameter to the recipes to Empty Frying Pans; Griddle Pans; and Roasting Pans. This will allow players to reclaim said pans when they let Stir Fries and Omelettes get rotten.
  • Recipes such as the Mildew Spray Cure, and Emptying Sacks of produce now have the field "AllowRottenItem:true" which allows rotten items to be used in that recipe.
  • Fixed the Make Mildew Cure recipe not allowing both regular and Canned Milk; as players were unable to make this cure after all of the normal Milk has gone rotten.
  • Fixed being unable to use Rotten Milk to make the Mildew Spray Cure.

• Commented out the "Make Pot of Soup" recipes; they're obsolete given the evolved recipe system which handles this matter better.
  • Fixed being unable to use Canned Soup to make evolved recipe soup.
  • Changed the display name of "Canned Soup" to "Canned Vegetable Soup".
    • Note: To make Pots of Soup with Opened Cans of Soup you must now add them to a Pot of Water, as an evolved recipe soup. This fixes the Super Soup exploit and will allow players to also add additional ingredients to the Soup. The other way of making Pots of Soup was an obsolete and in many ways incompatible method from before the evolved recipe system.

• Updated the Clean Tray recipe so it works with trays of Biscuit Dough, and also so that it works with rotten and cooked ingredients, so players can always recover a tray from rotten trays of food.
  • Several tweaks to clothing masks.
  • Added missing SetMelee Delay on Pistol Whip animation.
  • Fixed Hoodie and Vest masks to work properly with base mesh.
  • Fixed JokeKnife, JokeArrow, BunnyEars, FurryEars, Antlers and GodStar Headbopper to work with all hairstyles.
  • Fixed moodle and heart wiggle-speed, now reduced by half.
  • Fixed an issue with forageSystem.lua not accounting for the new loot rarity settings.
  • Fixed the veteran having some duplicate clothing selection options.
  • Fixed in-game map road that was made curved in cell 35,31.
  • Fixed print() statement from JoyPadSetup.lua that resulted in unnecessary messages in the console log.
  • Fixed source files not being loaded in the Lua debugger on Linux.
  • Fixed mod Lua files not being loaded in the Lua debugger.

• Fixed being able to purify Watering Cans in an Oven.
  • Fixed being able to turn Cooked Eggs back into Uncooked Eggs.
  • Fixed Pizzas having the hasMetal tag.
  • Fixed error in SliceCooked test.
  • Fixed PopEmpty2 and PopEmpty3 having DisplayCategory = WaterContainer instead of DisplayCategory = Junk.
  • Fixed PopEmpty having DisplayCategory = Material instead of DisplayCategory = Junk.
  • Fixed BeerCanEmpty having DisplayCategory = WaterContainer instead of Junk.
  • Fixed Buckets not having been updated to use metal filling sounds instead of plastic filling sounds.
  • Fixed distant players not appearing on the in-game map when the server option allows it.
  • Fixed Male_Undies not having the "OBSOLETE = TRUE" parameter. Also removed them from the foraging pool.
  • Fixed not using a language's desired encoding when reading credits.txt.
  • Fixed non-admins seeing invisible remote players on the in-game map.

On 11/9/2022 at 12:55 PM, nasKo said:
  • Added "HasMetal" tag for items. This tag was added to food and water items in metal containers, which will now set microwaves on fire when microwaved.

Works great in single player games, but my friends and I have loaded up stoves and microwaves with every item known to man in a Hosted game and not been able to make them catch fire.

On 11/24/2022 at 11:20 PM, Xiolec said:

Well that obviously didn't work as intended as factions members can only see people they have been near now

Same with radios no longer work. Seems like if you don't see a player they are always set to invisible up until you get close to them. So you killed both radios and maps locations with that change

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for giving me more repairs for my vehicles. Reducing repair cost from 5 to 2 really makes a difference. It's already helped to relieve the permanent sense of anxiety that I was feeling about burning propane so fast for my hood and trunk repairs.

I've already adapted to the new balance for disassembly, but I will say that It's almost got me killed a few time... I was in Muldraugh and noticed that the area around blue restaurant was relatively clear, so went inside to disassemble the metal kitchen, and quickly did my 9 disassembles with my torch, and then quickly ran back outside to the car to refill my torch. (NO, I am not bringing the tank inside with me!) But when I went back inside there was a zed that must've seen me and followed me into the kitchen (the doors on the building had all been destroyed.) I was mid torch when I heard 'blaarrgh' behind me, and scared the shit out of me. luckily I ran off to the side, and quickly hot-keyed my weapon and turned around and one-shotted that MFer in head. I breathed a sigh of relief, and then went back to business of breaking down the rest of kitchen for some good XP. Experiences like that make for some really intense gameplay, exactly why I LOVE this game.

You've made this guy very happy, so thanks againPatioCage1.thumb.jpg.dc5ff88b6a0b3dfcaca5ac626048bd66.jpg

On 11/17/2022 at 5:03 PM, Dtoxic said:

if you're trying to go by reality a propane torch can't do anything it does in the game itself, it would be Oxy-Acetylene torches, which would require two different tanks.

Hotfix 41.78.15 - December 5th:

• Fixed being able to still add a split-screen player when AllowCoop is disabled.
  • Fixed seeing through walls sometimes after loading into a game.
  • Fixed an error in ISZoneDisplay:getZoneTooltipText.
  • Fixed players briefly appearing at 0,0 on the in-game map after joining a server.
  • Fixed displaying players with name ??? on the in-game map. This happened when the client had not received the first full update with the player's name and other info.

10 hours ago, nasKo said:

• Fixed being able to still add a split-screen player when AllowCoop is disabled.
  • Fixed players briefly appearing at 0,0 on the in-game map after joining a server.
  • Fixed displaying players with name ??? on the in-game map. This happened when the client had not received the first full update with the player's name and other info.

I don't want to be a bother, just want to give you a friendly reminder to make sure this also makes it to GoG  :D

Update received, looking good, thanks

Edited by knightshousegames

On 12/5/2022 at 1:17 PM, nasKo said:

Any plan to fix the radios which stopped working in patch 41.78.12

Radios only work after you've seen a person now

If you login with a radio on it will play sound from the other user for about a second then stop working

6 hours ago, Xiolec said:

Any plan to fix the radios which stopped working in patch 41.78.12

Radios only work after you've seen a person now

If you login with a radio on it will play sound from the other user for about a second then stop working

We know that there is an issue with radios/walkie-talkies and are working on a fix.

13 hours ago, D-23 said:

Its really awesome what you guys doing with the game, but...i have a little problem with one bug in concrete, the transparency bug , this bug affect all the windows of any building and its really annoying : 

We know of this issue and are working towards fixing it.

• 2 months later...

Question related to build 42 (and future game updates/patches):

If I have a 3rd party server hosting our game, when build 42 launches, will we have to server wipe and update to the new server and start over?

Or will the update patch just integrate into current games/servers that are running kind of seamlessly?

Guys, sorry for not having written to you before, but I must thank you for being able to listen to me and optimize the game so that people like me could enjoy it, thank you with all my heart.

PS: They are one of the few companies that listens to gamers and tries every day to improve the game.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...