[PVE]THE GOOD OLD DAYZ[SINCE 14/02/2014]

ricky

Oh and one last thing, i managed to died in the river while i was building my fortress. I was building a link through the river in south west point and the weird thing is, normally you cant fall in the river, there are invisible borders which prevent you to fall down but after a while seems invisble borders werent there anymore lol and i fell down in the middle of the the river. I didnt drown myself but the injuries killed me. Weird

tryed to play on this server, but i died of starvation as it was impossible to find anything :)

not a single unperishable before i died

We do reset the map everyday. Sometimes twice a day, depending on how busy we are.

Sorry but this is something only the game dev's can fix. We do our best to counteract this.

• 1 month later...

i entered, but couldnt find anyone.... where are u guys? after a while walking, i found a wooden house with a well..... it was full of stuff.... i was eating rotted food, so it was a good change.... i was in pain, but hanging there. i took some food, then some water from the fountain....

then it was daylight....i went to the yard and it was full of unwatered rotten vegetables....  and then...bang! shoot to the head... i died...

i think the owner might have found me, but didnt even ask,,just killed me.

alll in all.... it was tre truest zombi experience i ever had in gaming.... it was frustrating but awesome.

if there is a place to meet people in there post it.... i couldnt interact with any one....didnt find.

• 2 weeks later...

i had some fun here yesterday. but, is there a hard reset every day?! or whats about "daily world resets"?

would be cooler with logged local.chat and enabled global chat but ok....

also one problem: why are campfires not working on this server? or they dont work in general?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I love the feeling of  a real zombie apocalypse of this server.You can't trust anyone.Sure,you will meet friendly people who will help you out or maybe trade something useful with you.Or maybe you re gonna be shot in the head without even seeing it coming. I love this. Me and other friends are constantly playing on this but it seems quite dead.

Please come play again,it's one of the best servers out there

• 3 months later...
On 10/5/2016 at 7:27 AM, Hellgatsu said:

I love the feeling of  a real zombie apocalypse of this server.You can't trust anyone.Sure,you will meet friendly people who will help you out or maybe trade something useful with you.Or maybe you re gonna be shot in the head without even seeing it coming. I love this. Me and other friends are constantly playing on this but it seems quite dead.

Please come play again,it's one of the best servers out there

I enjoyed PVP briefly since I found a few people like Pata, who will not just go apeshit shooting people for no reason.

But overall, kids will be kids and will many consider it like a shooter, where the point of the game is to kill others instead of immersing themselves into the world of trade, building and making a server out of it. I enjoyed brief notoriety because of my motion sensor bombs used in revenge :P

The PVP server lost a lot of people because the PVE server opened and became the regular 50 player hangout, so its clear the majority of people who jumped ship want PVE and to be able to level without worrying someone if going to just kill them for no reason.

If there was some balance and rhyme or reason to PVP, I would play it. But mostly its new kids who picked up the game and want to kill other players, they stay a day or two and never come back. If the game had stat penalties ala Old Ultima Online instead of starting from scratch after every death, it would certainly change the landscape and I would consider PVP again.

• 1 month later...
On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 4:55 PM, AssReaper said:

If the game had stat penalties ala Old Ultima Online instead of starting from scratch after every death, it would certainly change the landscape and I would consider PVP again.

I agree with every statement you made about the server, and this here would be a great MP option. The whole game gives little penalty to death. I figure there are two ways to change this: make people care about the character they created, or penalize future character creations.

To the first point, people will likely value characters more when that character has been worked into a social network of NPCs. Until we have those sophisticated NPCs, option two- penalize future characters- seems like a straightforward fix to make players value their current character more.

4 hours ago, trombonaught said:

I agree with every statement you made about the server, and this here would be a great MP option. The whole game gives little penalty to death. I figure there are two ways to change this: make people care about the character they created, or penalize future character creations.

To the first point, people will likely value characters more when that character has been worked into a social network of NPCs. Until we have those sophisticated NPCs, option two- penalize future characters- seems like a straightforward fix to make players value their current character more.

The problem is this can't be done. Since it is a public server, randoms part timers join, kill a bit, then quit. People kicked off other servers join, kill a bit and quit go to another server. Rince wash repeat. unless we whitelist, we can't.

and we are not whitelisting. too much work.

BTW, we also post here for server related matters

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheGoodOldDayz/discussions/3/

• 2 months later...

This thread is so old I feel like we should make a new one lol. Since the PVP server is usually packed and PVP all but died out.

However, here are some highlights of Build 35/36 fun on the good old dayz PVE server for me.

New years eve drunken pipebomb fireworks vs a few thousand zeds.

Some of the nicer forts built

Fort Spruce

Fort Wild

Fort Ross

The East bridge rebuild + Fishing camp

The server changed from somewhat high Zombies to Max level

Naturally I felt the need to become a pyro

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/9/2017 at 6:18 AM, Akimbo Swords said:

The last 5 times I've went to check the server it's had 2 players online or it's been empty. I remember it had like 24 players online all the time :(

Well, that's kinda normal in the dog days of summer.  Also depends what time you are on I guess.

We had 20 on last night, but its usually on North American primetime as opposed to Europe Primetime.

On 2017-8-10 at 2:39 PM, AssReaper said:

Well, that's kinda normal in the dog days of summer.  Also depends what time you are on I guess.

We had 20 on last night, but its usually on North American primetime as opposed to Europe Primetime.

That's great to hear, I'll be trying it again this weekend for sure. It is a amazing server, so many memories.