Guns use the same Close Range Penalty as melee weapons? Awesome

1 minute ago, Caturday said:

but why ? there is no logic behind close range damage reduction for guns

Yeeeah can't say I have an answer for you. If anything I would think the middle range would have the best damage (no zombie in your face, not straining accuracy at long range). But hey, no reason not to exploit it!

51 minutes ago, trombonaught said:

Yeeeah can't say I have an answer for you. If anything I would think the middle range would have the best damage (no zombie in your face, not straining accuracy at long range). But hey, no reason not to exploit it!

Anyway thanks for your content!

7 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Good video! May I ask which version of the game this is referencing? (pretty sure we've submitted/tested a fix for this issue..)

Oh no haha. This was in the current stable, 41.77.9 I think. I'll keep my eye on the next few patch notes, thanks for the heads up.

Related to this, I noticed that the shotgun damage isn't using part of the code that looks like close range should deal more damage. Instead, it only hits with more projectiles.

The unused variable is line 4508 in processHitDamage of IsoGameCharacter, it runs all the calculations to create a damage modifier for rangeFallOff weapons but then it never applies the modifier (so its just running the unused code).

Do you know if that's also getting addressed with the range/damage fix?

15 hours ago, trombonaught said:

Oh no haha. This was in the current stable, 41.77.9 I think. I'll keep my eye on the next few patch notes, thanks for the heads up.

Related to this, I noticed that the shotgun damage isn't using part of the code that looks like close range should deal more damage. Instead, it only hits with more projectiles.

The unused variable is line 4508 in processHitDamage of IsoGameCharacter, it runs all the calculations to create a damage modifier for rangeFallOff weapons but then it never applies the modifier (so its just running the unused code).

Do you know if that's also getting addressed with the range/damage fix?

Not sure tbh. But I'll pass this on to someone that does ;)

Archived