How to fuel Campfire

Grrbrr404

Hi,

electricity is already gone on our MP-Server so I wanted to start cooking at a campfire. It was no problem for me to light the fire but it is always going off after 1 Hour (That's the time a newspaper or book burns as fuel, used by lightening).

So I was able to right click the fire and choose "Add Fuel -> Log", but it did not help to keep the fire longer then 1 hour. I have also tryed to add the Log into the Campfire container directly before lightening. Did not work.

- Is it currently not working?

- Is just Log as fuel not working?

- Have I missed something?

- It was not raining. Can rain stop fire?

Another thing I have noticed about campfire:

- Other players do not see it

The campfire does work, but unless you add fuel to it, it will only stay lit for a short time (1 game hour sounds about right). You need to add fuel using the right click menu, some fuels keep the fire going for longer than others - see here for details of what fuels can be added and what effect they have.

I don't know what you mean by 'lockpick', I have not seen any such thing in the game, and if it were in the game, a lockpick should not be usable as fuel for a fire.

Rain does put campfires out, and other players not being able to see campfires that you have placed is, apparently, a known issue in multiplayer.

Campfires do work - can you describe what you did exactly please?

For example, you placed the campfire on the ground, you lit it (with lighter and book, or with kindling), you right clicked on the campfire and chose Add Fuel > Book/Log/Plank/Stick/Newspaper/whatever. Then you added uncooked food to the campfire's container, etc.

As for known errors in PZ MP, you just have to search the forums, there are quite a few but this is alpha and the dev team are working their cotton socks off to try and fix them all.

PZ wasn't built in a day though! :)

What I tryed 1st:

- I placed the camp fire on the ground (gras)

( Not sure if its required info, but: I moved the campfire from one place to another, shorter distance to my crate. So it was placed before. Its on a new place now)

- lighted it using lighter and newspaper / magazine can't remember exactly

- Added two log's via right click -> Add Fuel -> log 

- Added Tasty Soup via right click on the fire => put into container

- Soup was cooking, getting red

- Fire off one hour later
- Stack of two logs still in campfire container

What I tryed 2nd:

- Campfire still on ground, not moved

- Right click camp fire

- Put two logs into campfire container

- Lighted the fire with a book (Im sure it was a book this time)

- Fire is on

- Put soup in

- Fire off one hour later, Stack of logs still inside campfire container

Thanks for your help!