[Voiced] Radios & TV Stations

mxmfairy_

To make the game more engaging and immersive, I'd recommend adding voiceovers to radio and television stations in Project Zomboid. Because right now, playing the game without hearing real people talking is kind of boring and not that much fun. So, I think this could be a really fun addition to the game.

Ok so lets Say we have end of the world. Army is blocking ur internet connection and u can only use what u stored earlier. 

How much tv program and radio songs u have around stored for future use? 

I meaby have a couple of songs on my Phone and that is all. I know some ppl are realy intonit and have entire library of music, movies etc. But this is 90'. I dont know how offten u can see walkemens or stored music if u were not in music studio. 

There is mod for more radios, TV shows, or even ur own music. I would like to have option meaby a quest to restore some radio stations or get music from music studios for someone a'la 3dog from fallout3.

Edited by duh7

2 hours ago, duh7 said:

Ok so lets Say we have end of the world. Army is blocking ur internet connection and u can only use what u stored earlier. 

I meaby have a couple of songs on my Phone and that is all. I know some ppl are realy intonit and have entire library of music, movies etc. But this is 90'. I dont know how offten u can see walkemens or stored music if u were not in music studio. 

There is mod for more radios, TV shows, or even ur own music. I would like to have option meaby a quest to restore some radio stations or get music from music studios for someone a'la 3dog from fallout3.

In the early 90’s there were VHS and CDs everywhere in the US. There were no internet streaming services. Everything was on VHS, CD, or cassette - everything. 

3 hours ago, duh7 said:

I grew up extremely poor, and even I had a CD walkman by the time I was in middle school in the late 90s/early 2000s, and we usually got stuff a generation behind. I remember my friends all had cases and cases of CDs from all their favorite bands everywhere, dozens of them in their rooms. My older friend's car had a CD player when he was learning to drive so we had the little books with the sleeves full of CDs that we had to change between.

We had the tape walkman with the radio on it before that, which is something that probably should be in the game as more common by this point, I remember my older sister had a bunch of cassette tapes up in her room. Dunno why those aren't the main audio format for the game, with CDs being less common than cassettes in 1993.

As for movies, you watched them on VHS, they were as ubiquitous as Youtube or Netflix is now. My mom STILL has our massive collection of VHS tapes. I remember a friend brought his kid brother over who was baffled by the "weird book" of Toy Story 1 we had on the shelf, because he had just watched it on Blu Ray, and we had to explain to him that that movie came out when we were his age, and thats how we watched it.

Once upon a time you actually used to own your content, not lease it.

• 9 months later...
On 11/1/2022 at 7:18 PM, mxmfairy_ said:

To make the game more engaging and immersive, I'd recommend adding voiceovers to radio and television stations in Project Zomboid. Because right now, playing the game without hearing real people talking is kind of boring and not that much fun. So, I think this could be a really fun addition to the game.

Working on it, looking for voice actors and directors: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2950750587&tscn=1693466676

Edited by fedcap
Wrong workshop link