To whom this notebook finds...

0neHitCombo

Page 1: My name is Dennis.. and I existed.

I decided to start keeping a journal, just in case I bite it one of these days. I'm 23, born July 25th, 1990, African American. I had a kid, a wife.. a life before the world as I knew it went to shit.

I can't really recall the days before the disease fell on us. The zombies make you forget. They force you to only live in the now. Spend too much time dwelling on the past and you'll wind up dead. This world has taught me that time and time again, you try to reclaim what the dead have taken, try to forge some semblance of humanity and you'll find yourself surrounded by a horde watching those that you've come to love become food for the gluttonous monsters sashaying around in decomposing husks.

When it first started, I was with a friend of mine.. Walter, he had drove to come pick me up from work when we saw our first zombie. An old Caucasian guy with his throat ripped open, staggering down the street. At first, I thought it was special effects, some goofball dressed in a costume just for kicks. Not Walt, he took one look at the guy and knew. After I hopped in the front seat of his van we sat and watched the man.

"Damn, that guy's really in character, eh buddy?"

"I... don't think so..." Walter clicked the button to lock the doors.

The guy walked right up to the driver side window and stood there. Walter leaned closer to the glass, inspecting the man's wound I suppose.

"That's real bro, I can see right in his neck,, Oh God, what the fuck?"

BAM

The guy slams his head through the window. Scaring us shitless. I'm screaming, Walt's screaming, and the guy... The guy's just lets out a groan, and tries to sink his teeth into my friend. Walter was quicker, he slid away from the guy and fed him a few kicks to the face before throwing the car in drive and hauling ass.

We drove for a while, letting the adrenaline wear off while we tried to process what had just happened.

We talked for hours, though neither one of us said the word.. we both knew what it was....

Hang on...

There's something outside on the porch.. I'll have to pick up this story later...

Archived