[41.78] Zombie respawn rate changes ?

NagashUD

Hi everyone,
I play 6 month after apocalypse and since the 41.78 it seems like the zombies respawn has increased pretty much compared to my past games in older versions (never got that many zombies in a single game); So i was wondering if something had change about ?

Here is an example, i cleaned up the area before my character went to sleep, then woke up with hundreads of zombies around again and again; (no event occured during the night).

20221028010840_1.jpg

Well same issue occured again, seems like when i leave a zone for like 4-6 hours ingame, the zombies respawn at full scale;

My set-up of unseen respawn is 16 hours at 0.5 but it seems like something is wrong, i left 6 hours and the respawn was way more than 0.5 .

Like before, it had no zombies when i left the zone and no event.

20221029002829_1.jpg

20221029002610_1.jpg

Been playing recently in Muldraugh and noticed something similar myself. Although, are you sure it isn't just migration? Zombies tend to just migrate from nearby areas to populate empty ones. I gotta say it occurs way more frequently on 41.78 though, but I actually saw it happen. Dozens of zombies just coming from outta nowhere, even though there was absolutely nothing sound related that could possibly attract them.

2 hours ago, TheMitu97 said:

Been playing recently in Muldraugh and noticed something similar myself. Although, are you sure it isn't just migration? Zombies tend to just migrate from nearby areas to populate empty ones. I gotta say it occurs way more frequently on 41.78 though, but I actually saw it happen. Dozens of zombies just coming from outta nowhere, even though there was absolutely nothing sound related that could possibly attract them.

I noticed the zombies were migrating way more far than before, but i am pretty sure it is a respawn, i cleared the zone, went at the end of the street to loot then came back and all the zombies were back like if i killed none; Having the feeling of killing the respawning hordes in loop, again and again.

Since the build 41, it is the first time i'm having this issue, looking on my past youtube videos and clearly this wasn't happening this way.

I must say it's somewhat inconsistent maybe? I've read your post and was playing for some time without encountering anything like that. Some minor groups here and there that could be explained by migration.

But just now i returned from a whole day of clearing up Rosewood school and there were quite a number of zeds around my base and the picture on my lawn looked like a garage sale. I've cleared surrounding area quite consistently and thoroughly. And can confirm that those zombies just spawned despite my setting being Respawn Hours 720, Respawn Unseen Hours 160 and Respawn multiplier 0.01.

Overrun.png

4 hours ago, Lomion said:

I must say it's somewhat inconsistent maybe? I've read your post and was playing for some time without encountering anything like that. Some minor groups here and there that could be explained by migration.

But just now i returned from a whole day of clearing up Rosewood school and there were quite a number of zeds around my base and the picture on my lawn looked like a garage sale. I've cleared surrounding area quite consistently and thoroughly. And can confirm that those zombies just spawned despite my setting being Respawn Hours 720, Respawn Unseen Hours 160 and Respawn multiplier 0.01.

Overrun.png

I think the issue is related to sound, I suspect that generator's range is much bigger than it used to be - which is what attracted the zombies from further away than usual.

33 minutes ago, Hugo Qwerty said:

I think the issue is related to sound, I suspect that generator's range is much bigger than it used to be - which is what attracted the zombies from further away than usual.

Then it works only when player is not around. Cuz i was chilling at or near my base for around 5 days. When i was coming back from my loot run i noticed that streets around had groups of zombies, while i left them clean for a while. And that blob of zombies are only those who spawned nearby.

I've cleared the neighborhood again. There were like 600 zombies in quite close proximity. I've dragged groups from generator and came back to see even more zombies come up to it. I literally cant explain this many zombies just by sound bug, since i was there for a long time and cleared everything in close proximity. Nor it looks like any kind of migration. Unless there is a condominium in forest nearby. They all popped into existence near my base and surrounding streets after just one day. Like there was a helicopter but i wasn't there.

Edited by Lomion

13 hours ago, Lomion said:

Overrun.png

I can confirm same thing happening to me, even in the same place as you. Very often I came back to completely cleared out areas to find them filled with lots of zombies, even with zombie respawn turned off. I can assume it's just migration, but it definitely feels way more frequent in newest version. 

Well to be honest it's been like 4 games i retried and some places are really way more full of Z than before; some areas are impossible to cross in car because the  car seems to be way louder (can see the Z comming from far to the car) and getting surrounded pretty quick (especially in 6 month after apocalypse); also some starting places are overcrowed (maybe it's me but i had to flee the spawn area after i found a car, too many Z heard it from too far, and that's the first time it happens since i play the game (2015)).

i have to confirme the supsicion, i just started a new server recently after a while and it's shocking how tough the game is now. We can barely get out of our base and we all die at least once each game. We killed hundred of zombie around our base who is not inside a town and there is always more a few minutes after. It may be something about noise because even when i sneak the z seam to always see me before i see them. I never noticed anything like that the last time i played to PZ.