Bug Report [41.77.9] [Multiplayer] [Car Doesn't Move For other Players]

Pine

Multiplayer.

Hosting and Dedicated.

No Mods.

Still occurs on new naves.

Issue

The Issue i'm having is when I get in to a car and drive for everyone else the car stays where it was parked when I started driving. It saves to the server or if someone enter the area where the car is parked it its updated for them. When I get out of the car and someone then gets in the car slides to the old parking location

Troubleshooting steps taken 

Verifying game files.

Hosting with and without mods.

Relogging in to the server.

Edited by Pine

• Pine changed the title to Bug Report [41.77.9] [Multiplayer] [Car Doesn't Move For other Players]
  • 4 months later...

This can happen if there is a significant difference in ping between players. The goal here is to reduce the ping and this can be achieved by closing non-essential apps, lowering framerates, moving router to a closer location other things that boost your internet speed.

FPS does seem to affect this to some extent. Try matching FPS between yourself and your friend by going into Options, turning off Vsync, and locking the FPS to something like 60 FPS. Both of you should do his.

No guarantees it'll help, but Beard noticed a connection between FPS and how vehicles behave in coop, so there's a chance it could be relevant.